Have you got a treasure in the attic?

It’s a shame that the photo doesn’t do them justice …They are beautiful !
Fu dogs/Lions should always be displayed in pairs. You need one male and one female Fu dog. This has to do with harmony and completeness.
This is to keep balance; the Yin and Yang. The female and male complement each other and are meant to protect your home or from negative energy.

The one on the right looks like my MIL on a good day.:anguished:

1 Like

Not too many wind up watches around now, I have a lovely little wind up ‘cocktail watch’, probably from the same era. I don’t wear it though because the face is too small for me to see the time :joy:

Ha ha… Mother in law … fell in love with a tiny watch, and would wear it because it was so pretty… but there was no way she could tell the time… :zipper_mouth_face: but it did look good on her wrist. :relaxed:

1 Like

This time next year we will be millionaires … Good old Del boy, but when you see some of the things that are now ‘making money’ it does make you wonder …
My parents had a gorgeous solid brass bed, foot and headboard, my dad painted it because he didn’t like the brass!
Also the Dinky toys that we took for granted. Kodak box brownies, the first doll I had that could ‘talk’, it had a tiny record in her back. The original Lego building bricks ( I think they were called beta builder), Meccano sets and oh so much more. Carmen hair rollers, mangles, washing boards …
Nostalgia eh , a thing of the past :wink:

1 Like

That reminds me of an incident in Whitby years ago Mandy, I was in a junk shop browsing (as I do), another couple were there, very loudly, saying how ridiculous the prices were, the owner eventually ‘blew up!
Shouting, "I don’t give a F’ wott yer Granny 'ad, and the only person, interested is yer Gramp, GET OUT!!!".
I nearly died laughing.

1 Like