Have you got your thermals ready?

I hate the cold…as soon as the temperature drops below about 6 degrees Celsius my hands turn blue then white…reynards runs in my family on my Scottish gran’s side…even in summer I can quite easily turn blue…minus 15…??? I would have probably not survived…kudos to you…brave lady…! x :slight_smile:

Theoretically I love freezing sunny days and snow. In reality (as I have a 60km round trip to work, leaving home in the dark at 7am and going home at 5.30 at the very earliest, so usually also in the dark) I hate very cold weather, freezing fog and icy roads.

I used to love toboganning on a tin tray… bet this was fun skiing down the Dune du Pilat

Aggggggh, don’t believe it … another communiqué spécial, we are on Orange alert AGAIN…

The post managed to get through today, had to de ice the letterbox, still no school transport. A friend who has ‘snow socks’ for his tyres is coming to take me shopping for essentials tomorrow.

3rd night of sleeping on the sofa as its too cold to sleep in my bedroom, good for keeping food chilled though :wink:

I keep telling myself that it will soon be spring ! :thinking:

I hope there is no more snow today… I enjoy sending the little ones off on holiday… their enthusiasm is contagious…:heart_eyes:

1 Like

I remember one winter in UK… when the trains stopped running… the reason given “THE WRONG SORT OF SNOW” :rofl::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Blizzard currently here… so not walking to the school to sing “happy holidays” to the kids…

logs on the fire and settling down with Foyle’s War :slight_smile:

1 Like

The blizzard here is settling on the already deepish snow we had. Roads once again impassible !

Organising a surprise for a friend’s 60th birthday. My’ partner’ has secretly arranged with our friend’s 3 children (who live in Paris) to collect them from the station tomorrow ( 65kms from here), do hope the trains are running and that he can get there ! :worried:

I love Foyle’s War.

Thank you for the updates on the weather. I’m traveling (unless canceled) to Paris Saturday and the additional info you’ve provided (in additon to what I’ve been checking), is great for my purpose, too. Cheers.

1 Like

They’ve just done another update as at 17h13… brrrr… but Im not sure what the difference is…

Hello Mary
Are you travelling by road or rail to Paris, and from where ?

I am flying in to Charles de Gaulle, from the US, then by train to Sancerre. So I’m trying to keep updated on both modes of travel! :slight_smile:

Do you have any suggestions for where best to go for updates? Probably SNCF, for trains?

I’ve used the online systems to buy tickets but haven’t had to check for delays in service or weather warnings…

Interesting, and thanks for the update. You mentioned not being sure what the difference is; my French comprehension is poor but if I’m not mistaken the difference is in the number of departements en alerte. The latest update seems to indicate a drop from 23 to 19 departements…

So, perhaps just details like that were updated…which, while important, are more informational than alarming. If that makes sense.

Glad to have the latest updates, regardless. I’ll keep checking for such and thx again.

1 Like

Hope that you have a safe journey Mary, certainly is a long one…
For train information I always use the SNCF site gares en mouvement.
You type gares en mouvement , followed by the name of the station you want, this takes you direct to the arrivals:departures and any hold ups.
Here, for an example, I have tapped in’ gares en mouvement paris austerlitz’ and it brings me direct to this information
https://www.gares-sncf.com/fr/gare/frpaz/paris-austerlitz
It will work with all train stations in France.

1 Like

Merci beaucoup!

All for a good ‘cause’ I suppose. I’m hoping to relocate for good, to Sancerre. This trip is for various things including signing some paperwork and visiting the property with an electrician, getting an update on the costs for roof repairs. It’s important to get there in person and try to ask questions and see things (despite my deplorable French), I feel, given what I have come to understand about how things are done in France. This will be an interesting weather experience to boot. Onward.

We moved numerous times during my childhood. My Dad always reckoned… if you like a property when the weather is foul… you’ve made a good choice. :grinning:

1 Like

Sancerre had a blizzard yesterday evening! I was there. Yessiree.

glad you have arrived safely. :relaxed: keep cosy…

1 Like

Thanks Stella. I did have all of the right layers and protective boots/coat etcetera. I looked rather unfashionable, wearing my utilitarian rain/snow gear in the Paris Metro later that evening, though. I had a plane to catch back to the US this morning. I’m now arrived safely back home.

Mary… you can email your Mairie… from the comfort of your warm American home…and ask about the water supply … :relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like