Have you made any really good buys that make you happy?

I couldn’t remember why I had bought this, or what it was for… until I came across a recalcitrant bouchon…

4 Likes

Ha ha… Elaine… I’ve just dashed down to the kitchen to check the gadget drawer…

and, yes, there it is… mine’s stainless steel (I think) and I use it to crack walnuts…or any nuts that come along…

Actually, having played with it for a moment… I could use it for physio on my “bad” hand… might speed up the recovery… :wink:

2 Likes

Yesterday Apple replaced the screen on my laptop for free as it was scratched to hell, so that was a good purchase.

Today loads of LED GU10 bulbs arrived which cost 2 euros!

Yes, I do Jane, but only for private clients. I used to be head chef in a restaurant in the 19th. Paris, but I really do not intend to work those sort of hours ever again. Life is far too short and I am far too old. Also, I like to work for myself, as in that way I can keep to my standards and not a company’s profit margin. :slight_smile: Funnily enough, I ran restaurants in the U.K. without the benefit of a sous-vide machine , a foam gun, spherification equipment, Porsche knives etc. etc. etc. and just as you did, I managed. However, I have them now and I’m just loving my latest toy.

They look good, if a little pricey! Do they deliver in terms of light output/coverage? How long do the batteries last?

They advertise at 500 Lumens a set - certainly bright enough for us to pop into the garage to search for things at night, without throwing a switch.
I use other NetBright Spotlights from this range back in the UK and have not had to change them in the past year.
Each unit takes 4 x D 1.5V batteries (the biggest chubby round ones!).
The synchronised wireless switch-on is controlled by dip-switches in the battery compartment - these give you control over which lights trigger and link-switch with others (and also prevents accidental lighting if your neighbour happens to have a similar set!).

1 Like

Bought a new drone, all singing all dancing camera system. Now i can take do some decent hi res filming and stills.

1 Like

Would love to see some footage @anon29800096

1 Like

Does the new Snugg cover for my I pad count as a gadget?
It is a beautiful red leather and is so much more pleasant to use than the previous cover.

1 Like

Took my first video today, edited with only editor I have available Windows media player sorry its a bit amateurish but it is my first attempt. Video is 400ft above my house.

https://youtu.be/lXFfoYepQg0

2 Likes

Wow Lee that looks fantastic, what fun you must be having with it!

1 Like

Hi Lee,
looks good to me.

Our 3 1/2 year old son is attracted to tractors and combines etc. He would spend all day glued to youtube watching farmer’s films of 3 tractors ploughing Lincolnshire, 18 Canadian Combines cutting a praire for foodbank etc.if we’d let him

Whilst I’m not sure French farms in our area are of the same scale and may not want to pay real cash for super Hollywood scale productions, I am sure there must be some who would happily swap a basket of home-made saucisson or vineyards swapping a case for some film.

Maybe you can combine fun with free wine???

1 Like

Hi Jane,
doesn’t need to be a gadget.

The only criteria is that it was a ‘buy that makes you happy’ so if you didn’t steal it (heeheehee) and it makes you happy then it qualifies :slight_smile:

Hi Ray, I can really recommend this product and it arrived quickly.

I like the look of the chainsaw horse very much, it could make sawing logs much quicker and easier. My only personal concern would be that the footprint is rather narrow. I saw logs in the buanderie as my tronconneuse is electric-powered, the floor is of uneven stones, and I’d be concerned a heavily loaded cheval might topple over.

Maybe I can approach my farmer neighbour, not for money or other ‘considerations’ though as that requires a commercial licence. Too damned old for that :wink:

There are loads of YouTube films of French farmers… moisson du blé … :slight_smile:

Hi Peter,
I suspect that with the weight of wood on it the legs will sit square on flagstone or failing that a small piece of 3ply should sort it

Best regards,
Ray

1 Like

Hi Stella,
there certainly are but our little man has a taste for films like the following

I don’t think there are any fields in 47 that could take 18 combines in formation.

Of course he forgets all of this when we’re out walking on a tractor hunt and he’s offered a lift on a single vintage tractor from our neighbours/friends and he’s about to burst with excitement
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

How wonderful… your son is a treasure…