Greenmatch Boiler Upgrade Scheme UK.
" The combined system of solar panels and ground source heat pump for a heating capacity of 6 kW and 10kW.
- The system is designed for heating properties with an area of 100-200 square meters.
- The number of solar collectors - 4 pcs.
- The total volume/capacity of double-buffer tanks batteries - 500 litres .
- Hot water distribution tank volume - 200 litres.
- The solar panels nominal heating capacity - 6,7 kW.
- Heat pump output - 10 kW.
- Equipment’s price - approx. £6,000 ."
We, my wife and I, have been and continue to research and struggle over choosing a heating system. Great insulation, sealing of doors and other sources of escaping or encroaching air aside and that we would have a wood burner in any event we remain at a loss. The above combined solar panel and ground source heat pump offer in the UK is undoubtably a good one given that electricity is required and costs something in the region of three to four times the cost of gas but when used powering the heat pump system can be 400% more efficient. Heating is in fact breaking even with gas - ignoring installation costs - but with solar panels the electricity can be free = free heating subject to maintenance.
Anyone have experience with such a system? What would be the cost of installing such a system in France?