Heatwave.. how are you coping..?

Hi there… we had outdoor temperatures hitting 43c in the shade today…phew :scream:
but a pleasant 23c indoors… with windows firmly closed and shutters on the tilt…

So how did you all fare… ??

2 Likes

Swimming pool :laughing:and lots of cold beer :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

3 Likes

It was lovely over on the coast.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you didn’t get the threatened storms David…

1 Like

Splish splash… eh… Mark… sounds great…

1 Like

I drove some recent rain on the way home but that was all.

2 Likes

Loving it! Going to the beach today :slight_smile: :grin:

2 Likes

We’re in the countryside… but we will be going to Îsle d’Oléron next weekend with our car club… when the rain is forecast…:laughing:

2 Likes

Monaco GP on TV, more cold beer and a dip in the pool, (it is the weekend after all) :beer::beer::beer::beer:

2 Likes

We are having our neighbours for lunch. So far they are 16 minutes late, but they are farmers.
Dip in the pool as well.

2 Likes

Might have a dip in the pool this afternoon…not exclusive to us unfortunately as it’s the Gironde Estuary. Only 20 minutes away though…

3 Likes

On the beach :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Great pic!

2 Likes

Wonderful lunch. Introduced them to curry and lime pickle.
Good swim as well.

4 Likes

Oh yes, Jane… I remember the first time I tried Lime Pickle…talk about breathing fire … absolutely wonderful stuff. :laughing:

1 Like

I can’t swim, sad.

1 Like

I like to be able to touch the bottom with at least one foot… while my head stays in the fresh air… :wink:

1 Like

Jane what is your curry Secret?
What ingredients do you use?

air conditioning in the shop and car, shutters closed at home but the 156km (5h45m) bike race on Sunday in 34°c was a bit warm!

4 Likes

Hi Barbara, I really don’t have a curry secret.
I used Mary Berry’s recipe for lamb dhansak because it is spicy but not hot and I didn’t want to put our French friends off curry.
Jim is not a curry fan, so I have to make mild to medium and add lime pickle if I fancy a bit more heat.

2 Likes