Help! Declaring state pension online

Hi, I thought filling in my declaration would be pretty straightforward this year as my only income is from my state pension. Not so! First, I entered the amount in the annexe, and that was fine, but now I find that the relevant line on the main form is greyed out and impossible to write in. Has anyone else had this problem or know what to do about it?

Did you follow the advice contained in this thread?
It explains all you need to know about filling in your pension amounts including ensuring that you mark off the boxes indicating if you are covered by an S1.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the link. It certainly looks more promising than anything else I’ve come across on the web and very nice of whoever put it up to go to the trouble.

IMO that’s the raison d’être of SF. Quick, sound advice. :+1:

2 Likes

@Zilla just a quick note (as I found the piece of paper I had it written on) you need to fill in boxes 8sh and 8si if you have S1 cover for health.

Hi Elizabeth, I had the same problem as you. The boxes that I used to use have been greyed out. On the main form now, I’ve put our private pensions in 1AM and 1BM. They are taxed in France, so I’m guessing that is correct.

Thanks, Terasa. Yes, that’s exactly what I did in the end and it worked for me too. Glad to have it all sorted!

Yep, I remembered to tick that vitally important box. Thanks for reminding me!