Help finding rental property for 2-3 months

Apologies if this is in the wrong category. We are looking for a place to stay in The Lot
for up to three months this Spring. We usually stay in AirBNB etc but we hope to take advantage of longer term rental rates.
Does anyone know of a modest gite or could they suggest places to look online. I’ve found a few websites. Somewhere quiet and warm with a good level of privacy on our must have list.
Plan is to firm up on our plans to emmigrate (or not).

I don’t think you can get much long term reduction just for 2 or 3 months. We rented a gîte for a month on Airbnb then renewed it for a month and then another, cutting out the Airbnb fees of course!

1 Like

Have a look at rentaplaceinfrance.com

1 Like

I have sent your message to a colleague who rents several properties in The Lot.

Thank you Matt

Sorry Michael, that I can’t help with this one as all our friends with gites are a bit further away in the Aveyron or the Cantal. However, you might try @AnAussie who joined SF recently. See G’day Mates! - Introduce yourselves… - Survive France

Hope you get sorted and maybe we can meet up again - we sitting outside again at Figeac market this morning.

Thanks Mark - good idea. Be good to meet up again and I have to say I am envious of you being able to pop down to the Figeac Marché. Our time will come

One route that I often recommend is to ask the tourist office in the place you want to be in for their list of rental properties, and then contact owners direct. If you are looking at March/April, May and June there’s much more of a likelihood of finding somewhere and being able to negotiate a reduction. July and August are the most profitable months for property owners, and many/most will be booked by now anyway. Also look on gites.fr. A real mish-mash of properties - but much more realistic prices than Air or Booking.

1 Like

Thanks Jane

The tourist season down here is almost all year long, but suspect most are camper vans (personal observation of what goes past our house on the river). However, many tourist venues, like private art galleries etc. that close for winter open again in March, so you may not find the bargains that could exist further north. Nevertheless, you’ll save a lot by avoiding places with a pool and instead swimming in the Lot.

G’Day - we have a Villa to rent when we are not there - check it out if you are interested you can email me.

cheers from down under.
Peter - peter@bhis.com.au

Thanks Peter. We’re focused on the Lot but we will bear this in mind should we take a holiday in Provence at a future time.