Help need a doctor's but not regd with Carte vitale yet

Need a doctor but not got round to getting a Carte vitale yet what do I do?

You go along to your nearest Medical Centre (or whatever, where you live)ā€¦ and you make an appointment for asap

1 Like

Arrange an appointment with your local medecin traitant (GP). He will ask for a cheque for the consultation and provide you with a ā€˜brown formā€™ which you use to recover the standard reimbursement when you do have a CV.

1 Like

Bugga Stella, you beat me to it again :wink:

1 Like

The Doc will charge you 25 euro ā€¦ so not exorbitantā€¦ whether you can get it refunded laterā€¦ or notā€¦

Hopefully, you have nothing too serious. I had to make just such an arrangement for a chap, visiting from who knows whereā€¦ who had been bitten by a dog. He got an appointment the same day and paid up like a lambā€¦ yippee (mind you, he did have to pay for the injection as well, but it was not that much)

2 Likes

Morning Grahamā€¦ :grinning: ā€¦ Iā€™m off to find my glasses, so you can have the fieldā€¦

1 Like

As said. Itā€™s not like the UK, doctors donā€™t have ā€œtheirā€ list of patients and if youā€™re not one of ā€œtheirsā€ they wonā€™t see you. They will see anyone who makes an appointment. You can choose which doctor you want to see, you donā€™t have to be registered first.

1 Like