Help - new passports needed

I should add that, once I managed to explain to the chap who ran the relais, I did then have to sign for my package, however, my wife never signed for any of hers.

Mine was delivered by TNT. The carrier was so insistent that only I signed for it that I had to walk 500 metres to meet him as he couldn’t find the house and did not want to leave it with anyone else.
Not a problem as I appreciated him phoning me to ensure a secure reception.

1 Like

well i finally phoned the uk passport office and got told that i could only do it on line - no posting of forms , so not an option
explained about previous numerous problems with varied carriers from uk ie., house doesn’t exist, no one in , no answer to phone etc., !
main problem with few that we did speak to was that they wouldn’t take french or even english directions over the phone - main reason was i presume their time - they always suggested meeting us in some spot miles from our house for us to drive to meet them
got so bad my husband refuses to do this anymore so i don’t order anything that needs a courier

what i was told by passports uk is that i cannot post our old passports i have to send them by courier to uk
anyone else done this ?

my thought is if they can’t find us to deliver - it’s going to be great fun getting them to collect

Very bizarre! I’ve just sent mine off as have less than 6 months left on it. And just went to post office and sent it registered post. It’s arrived and has been processed and new one authorised so they say it will be sent any day now. So obviously wasn’t an issue for them.

Can you use a friend’s address to have it sent back? They don’t ask for any proof of address.

Where did you send yours to ?

@freddie Nina, we sent our old passports by lettre suivie internationale via the post office, merely out of concern that they might get lost somewhere along the line. It isn’t a courier solution, nor is it registered with acknowledgement of receipt, but at least you know when it has been delivered because you get a slip from the post office letting you check online.

Where did I send mine to,…? I have no idea! It was the address that came up when I got to the end of the online application.

Have you found someone with a more up to date computer and camera or a tablet who can do the online form for you?

Not yet – still trying to do that