Help please! Need some advice

Yes, you do. My neighbour got the same fine last year for going through an amber light and my daughter had a 90 euro fine for not having a registration plate on her scooter.

You wonā€™t, 90ā‚¬ is the cheap rate as it is.

Iā€™m sorry but I find your manner unpleasant. You were happy to inform people that an illegal act was perfectly OK and you really should no better. Even now you are still trying to twist the facts. I would not communicate with someone with your attitude in real life and will no longer respond directly to you online. Charade I wrote and charade I meant.
Iā€™m sure that in your ā€˜professionalā€™ capacity you will have pointed out to many drivers that a roadworthy certificate is no guarantee of the condition of the vehicle except at the time of the actual test. Bulbs can blow within seconds and brakes can wear in weeks.
Letā€™s hope that Santa brings you what you need, a one way ticket home to Britain where you can revel in the delights of having an MOT test every 12 months and slag off the EU in safety. Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Goodbye Mr Hodge.

If you care to go back and read my previous posts you will find that I didnā€™t actually do that at all. What I did was to give an account of what I did back in 2003 which was perfectly legal at that time.

I agree with you that an MOT or CT is only a certification of the condition of the vehicle at the time of the test, however, if the test is carried out correctly then it is reasonable for the owner/user to have an expectation that the vehicle will be safe to drive for a reasonable period of time / number of kms. This is why each test has a facility for the examiner to draw the attention of the vehicle user to matters which, although not failures in themselves at that time, will need attention in the near future. As regards brake pad wear, usage down below the minimum wear groove of the pads (something which can be clearly seen on even the most cursory visual inspection) should be an instant failure, and certainly would be in the UK. The current French CT test certainly does not come anywhere near the higher standards of the UK MOT at this time.

I think itā€™s a matter of interpretation on which we will have to agree to differ. I still think that the quoted blanket statement is inaccurate in respect of those vehicles which have been permanently exported to France. My reasoning being that the permanent export cancels the SORN, and that therefore the vehicle can no longer be termed as a SORNed vehicle. I agree that a SORNed vehicle canā€™t be lawfully used on roads in the UK, and that for a vehicle to lawfully circulate in another EU member state that it has to be mechanically safe and sound as required by itā€™s country of registration. However, I donā€™t feel that matters of Excise Duty come under the same relevancy, by which I mean that the vehicle that has been permanently exported only needs to be tax compliant in the country where it has been exported to.
Anyway, thanks to your research we have established that the situation is only relevant for the first month in any case, so it really has become one of those technical types of discussions which has little relevance in everyday life.

Thanks Ray I didnt take it that way. There are many Brits who actually.live here that donā€™t reg their cars after the required time. Which I think is.currently 3 months. Which is not good if your involved in an accident with.one. The irony being that following brexit many of theses same people will be moving heaven and earth to show they have been permanant residents here.

ā£Sent from TypeApp ā€‹

Itā€™s actually a month. http://www.vienne.gouv.fr/Demarches-administratives/Certificat-d-immatriculation-Cartes-grises#F1050
A while ago when people started posting about applying for French Nationality I did wonder if they would be subject to background checks like when they first registered their cars in France, started using local banks etc.

The responsibility is all yours. You need to get your post forwarded for at least 12 months.

Hi Christineā€¦

Please will you amend your Registration to show your full name. This is a friendly forumā€¦ and we do like to know with whom we are chattingā€¦

Thanksā€¦ :blush:

If I do that then I have to change it on FB too. That is my long standing psedonom and to be honest I could reg with any name , it doesnt mean thats who I am. Why do you consider I am not being friendly because I use my social media name, which many find amusing.

ā£Sent from TypeApp ā€‹

Christineā€¦ I have not asked you to change your pseudonymā€¦

I am asking you to put First and Last name ā€¦ not a major hassle in anyoneā€™s scheme of thingsā€¦ unless perhaps Menopausemeg is your Last Nameā€¦:wink:

cheers

You donā€™t have to change anything on fb, just put your surname as well as your first name here, as we all do, and ideally upload a picture of yourself too (so not your dog or cat etc). VoilĆ !

So I have added my name to my registration. So would someone please explain what difference this makes, which was my original point. Why am I being asked to do this. If my psedonom says the same on the site and nobody except admin sees my name how does that change my status on the site. " It is a friendly site" what difference does adding my surname make. I am happy to comply with anything that has sense to it, but I canā€™t see what difference me adding a surname makes.

You might well end up having to change your name on Facebook at some point anyway. They too have a policy of individuals using their own names. One of my friends used the FB name Nellietheelephant until he was sent a message to change it to his real name or have his account closed.

I think what Denise, sorry Christine or Meg or Meno (who knows) is saying is that she could register with any name - Dotty Boggins, Arthur Brown, etc it does not mean itā€™s her real name and no way allows other members to ā€œknowā€ who they are corresponding with.

1 Like

So why not put this on the original reg form. I am lots of different friendly forums but they dont need your " proper" name. My point being my " proper name" could be anything I chose it to be, and makes no sense to me as to why IT Needed updating. stillā€¦

Itā€™s what makes this forum a bit different, and a whole lot better than all of the others. It also (i think/hope) makes it a bit more difficult for trolls to operate hiding behind pseudonyms.

1 Like

My point is Mark Robbins, if you can put any name down on here then trolls etc can still comment regardless. Non of us know if the person that is commenting is who they say they are and it seems like a paper excercise with no valid reason. Perhaps one should just put any old name down so that a tick can be applied. Lots of groups on FB for those of us living in France or en route here where are helpful, polite and friendly. I still dont underdtsnd why its necessary, other than " because it is" Perhaps James could comment?

For the life of meā€¦ I cannot see why someone finds it difficult to give their name and would consider (even in jest perhaps) giving a false nameā€¦ on Registration for this forum or elsewhereā€¦

Unless someone is a famous enough to be recognised by the use of just one name (eg Valentino) when the question ā€œNameā€ is askedā€¦ it is surely common sense to give first and last nameā€¦

I do not think there is anyone famous enough on our Forumā€¦ though I am prepared to be proved wrongā€¦

If you donā€™t like the ā€˜rulesā€™ā€¦