Help please - Route along the Quais in Bordeaux

Glad it all went well… being cautious is no bad thing… :hugs:

1 Like

Wow, I must look out for the 10 euro fares to Paris :smiley:

I’ve never got one but you can sign up for a date in the future on SNCFs site and when the fares are released you get a text so you dive on the net and book! My friend got one for Paris - Libourne in August for €60 for 4 of them return - but that was through a UK site.

Yep very close - I’m 24140 :grin:

1 Like

@toryroo

If that is the case you can always ring the Rectorat about it, ask to speak to Francine Bouchet who is the gestionnaire des assistants de langue.

@toryroo @Lily
If I go via the motorway I can pick up in Mussidan - I live in 24240!

1 Like

Oh thank you, that is another name to contact! I called the academie in Bordeaux not long before lock down and I was told that they do all the recruiting in May / June for all the assistants, who are normally supposed to come from various inter university / erasmums type things but that quite often come September they have some not show up and that I should send my CV to the lady (I’ll try to find her name in the morning) as they need last minute fill ins. I feel strongly that this year they’ll be struggling full stop to find enough!

What is the difference between the academie and the rectorat? Do they deal with different schools / systems? Is she based in Bordeaux or elsewhere?

I’ve also had people say that I should put my name down as a vacataire as apparently they really struggle to cover English teachers when they are off sick. Do you know anything about that, is it a route worth looking into? Or do you knwo of any centres de formations in Bergerac for example that it would be worth shooting my CV to? Another friend thought that perhaps the MFR’s etc may be worth a try too.

thanks Véro, I really appreciate your help as I launch into my new career! Sadly I didn’t have enough years to transfer my midwifery and nursing qualifications here so after 5 years of study back in Oz I’m now having to try to find a new path.

Thank you, that would be lovely to do a car pool when I’m able to! I’m only 10 minutes from the Mussidan exit and they have one of the great car pool parkings!

I thought you must have been around there from mention of how far north you are from Eymet on another thread. My cool tourism job I had last year (and hopefully again next year!) involved being a concierge for some lovely gites for a UK company, which I can fit around teaching. One was near Sigoulés and another in Monteton so went that way a few times last summer.

The académie is the geographical entity and the Rectorat is the executive administrative entity. So such and such a school is within xyz académie and the Rectorat in [city] deals with all the staffing/training/ pay etc
The Rectorat has a website which you should be able to access most of, which gives lots of information. There is info there about how to get on the vacataire list etc.

Being an assistante is probably the easiest job to get, you do a maximum of 12 hours a week and if you are in eg my lycée you do the 12 hours in 3 days because I’m writing the timetable and nobody’s going to be doing 12 hours over 5 days a week for about 800€ if I have anything to do with it. No prep to mark.

Vacataires can work for 200 hours in a year and if they go over they are generally turned into contractuels. Vacataires don’t get holiday pay etc etc and have practically no rights, contractuels are a bit better off.

If you want to teach as a proper job you need a relevant master’s degree and to come high enough in the 2 stage competitive public exam.

Ahhh that makes sense, thanks!

Are you looking for one or already found one :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:? I would like to think that most places are kind enough to do that (although I’d have my doubts at Mussidan!). Yes, i thought it would be the best place for me to start as at least it will pay the bills, get me some experience and leave me time to do private teaching around it.

I have heard some horror stories about how they are treated, on the other hand I’ve heard the per hour rate can be very good? Would perhaps be of interest if found a nice school that turned me contractual!

Midwifery has nothing to do with teaching sadly! From what I’ve researched there is nothing like the English PGCE here is there? So I think that this is not an available option for me, I’m too old to go back and do another 3 or 4 years of study to be honest!

I just had a look and the contact I have is Karine Faconnier, do you know of her, perhaps she works with Mme Bouchet?

Maybe - the person I usually deal with is Francine Bouchet :grinning: you can always speak to her and tell her I suggested it. I am at the Lycée Reclus in Ste Foy la Grande, I don’t know her personally but I have been corresponding with her for some time!

Try cetradel, I have worked for them before and ok to work for.

Thank you Vero, can I check with you again, when my stock is running low ISH :pray:

Thank you so much! Itried to find her email on the rectorate site with no success!

Thanks Cat, I’ll look them up too!

Tomorrow we are at the tribunal for the decision on hubbys CNF so very stressed this evening!

1 Like