Help with S1 form

I currently work offshore in uk waters 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. This will hopefully continue after Brexit. We officially moved to France on the 28th December last year. Where I spend my 2 weeks off. My wife is there permanently. I have recently received my S1 form but I don’t know what to do with it to get into the health care system. I don’t know if it is different from the retirees S1.

I haven’t a clue Adrian but I suspect an S1 is an S1 regardless of whether one is a recipient of a state pension living abroad or as in your case, working abroad. It just really means that your “competent state” will pick up the tab for your healthcare. I am in the former category and I just lobed it in and my Carte Vital was issued. Can I suggest you read this and good luck.

I agree with John, just make the application as normal. They’ll always tell you if yiu have to do something different.

So take this form

Plus the necessary documents it lists, and your S1, i to your local CPAM office. Remember to photocopy the S1! You won’t get another copy.

Thanks to both, I know where I’m heading now. Whether I get there is another matter. :grin: