Help with which micro-entreprise activity to select

Hi all,

Does anyone have an existing ME set-up for property management, concierge type activity? I’m trying to find an activity relating to this and can’t seem to find anything similar. ie. helping second home owners with things relating to their property, as well as concierge type activities?

If anyone has any ideas they’d be most welcome!

Thanks

Hi Vicky,

I am curious with how you went with your investigation. In the end were you able to get set up? I am looking a running a small business myself and am unsure where to start.

Thank you,
Tilly

Hi Tilly,

Yes, I am now set up as a micro-entrepreneur. I suggest you contact one of the hand holding services that you can find on Facebook (do a search for hand holding service) as they do ME set-ups all the time and can advise you on activity etc.

Best of luck!

Vicky

What is a hand holding service? Is it quite literally someone to ‘hold your hand’ throughout the process? Or something more technical.

Were you able to get reasonably priced public liability insurance?

Hand holding services tend to deal with the various branches of French administration on behalf of newcomers who are still finding their feet. (Do you hold someone’s hand while they’re finding their feet, or is that too much of a mixed metaphor ?!)
So, they often help Brits register a micro entreprise, because it’s a simple process and once you’ve done it once you know how it works.
But, don’t confuse registering a business with actually starting a business. I doubt that most hand holding services have much expertise in writing business plans or preparing visa applications, which in your case you will need to do before you get to the stage of registering it.

Okay I get it - haha yes throw in more cliches just because!! That’s great - I have been in contact with a lady who helps with these processes already - I never would have thought about using the term ‘hand holding services’ to locate assistance with French administration. Thank you.

Yes exactly, there are many people who do this in France. As I said, search ‘hand holding service’ on Facebook as there is one in particular that I see pop up a lot. They are usually very reasonable with regards to prices etc.