Hi there - figured I'd introduce myself

Really? compared to… ?

You do post some nonsense Fay. Ever tried driving in India for example?

2 Likes

Or Russia, or even Belgium? :joy:

Drivers in Egypt… mmm… shock horror… :open_mouth::zipper_mouth_face::wink:

I did 8 years in Indonesia which, according to some Indian fellows who I worked with for a while, is even more chaotic. The fact I’ve had more near misses in 2 years in France than I’ve had in 8 years in indonesia says something :slight_smile:

India, Middle East, Australia, U.S.A.

you do nt comment to the original post/

David, from the ferries in the North to Paris and Charante Perigord (Aquitaine) in France and several other countries.

Strange, I drove 300km through Nouvelle Aquitaine yesterday and I saw nothing that I would have considered bad driving. Quite the opposite in fact. Almost empty roads too. Bliss.

3 Likes

Well, no matter which country… I still reckon Egypt takes a lot of beating… for near-misses and amazing driving situations… mind you, the camels there… are not often found on European roads… :laughing::laughing:

How funny but thanks for highlighting these countries Fay - all rank consistently higher than France for bad drivers - just have a little Google.

In fact France doesn’t even feature in most of the Top 10 lists for countries with the worst drivers! Whereas… all the countries / areas you hold is such high esteem do - woops, what a giggle. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::handbag::handbag:

1 Like

I think Fay possibly needs to get out more - travel broadens the mind etc etc… :wink:

3 Likes

Try driving in Manilla in the Philippines, they don’t drive with lights at night, and the rules of the road are the bigger you are the more you push other drivers out of the way !

Same as India, using lights at night uses more fuel…, bit like using brakes. And as long as they use the horn, they can overtake absolutely anywhere ffs.

…best way to travel is by ebike…:grin:…green bike lanes go almost everywhere, no traffic, ace for good health, everyone you meet, matey…

None around where I live Jeanette. You take your chances with tractors, cows and white vans driven by farmers who are too busy checking their stock as they drive to take any notice of bikes !

4 Likes

Wow… there’s a lot of 'em though… here’s the European site…

https://www.af3v.org/

https://www.af3v.org/CarteAF3V/carte-detaillee.html

1 Like

Yes there are lots of them and they are great but for me to use them it means that I have to put the bike in the car and drive out to them, defeats the object a little.

I love cycling and used to regularly do 35 - 40 km trips, will have to get back in training but not for the moment as minor health problems forbid ! Did have a lovely 13 kms randoneé on May day though :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d love to - but with children to drop off at school 10km away then another 28km to the town where I work it is just a dream.

1 Like

Green lanes riding on a 450 KTM, i am all for it, bring it on.

2 Likes