Homemade masks to be banned

Oh dear, just when I’ve made a nice selection to match my outfits!

I saw at the inauguration some people wearing medical masks UNDER attractive ones. Maybe that’s a possibility?

3 Likes

Experts are already disagreeing… :thinking:

I know that some homemade cloth masks are very flimsy… and perhaps these are the ones to replace/stop using…

BUT I know of others which are multi-layered and made of dense fabrics (with possibility to put a disposable liner inside the layers). These would seem to meet the criteria…

2 Likes

A friend of mine, who is a tailor, switched to making cloth masks at the start of the first U.K. lockdown, and for his sins ended up having one of his designs being the primary choice for a certain Mr M. Gove, presumably because despite being cloth it’s thick, has filters, and whatever else is required to make it good enough for a government minister. Which was all a long way of saying that, as you say, not all cloth masks are made equal and I could see this causing more confusion, and waste as people switch to single use masks or such, entirely unnecessarily because they’re concerned that their perfectly suitable masks are useless. A clear tone will need to be used to ensure people realise which are no longer suitable so people don’t end up throwing the baby out with the bath water so to speak.

1 Like

Currently I still have an ordinance for masks from the pharmacie which hopefully will be renewed on my next visit to the MT (coming up soon).

1 Like

I am knee deep in surgical masks. Get a batch every month with my prescriptions and don’t go out enough to use them all up! I keep forgetting to tell pharmacy not to put them in my order (which is prepared in advance for me).

1 Like

A perfect match for Mr Gove. I presume it’s also very dense and difficult to dispose of?

2 Likes

Not made law as yet so is just a recommendation.

1 Like

WHO still recommends them and one doc I know claims they are surprisingly effective.