Homeoprophylaxis

On a lighter note: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZeWPScnolo

2 Likes

Lol…! On a singing and dancing note…love this song…x :slight_smile: OneRepublic - Counting Stars (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Peter you are so lovely…I lost both my grandads when I was 7 and 8…the one I loved most…my Scottish gran’s hubby (at 7) was at home when he left physical…(both to cancer)…My Dad took me and my sister to see Bambi during his final hours whilst my mum stayed with him…We were probably just a bit too young to truly get what was happening especially my little sister who was only 5…but I will forever associate Bambi with that day…I would love if you were my grandad…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

From Dr Dawkins Wikipedia entry : ‘Richard Dawkins FRS FRSL is an English ethologist, evolutionary biologist, and author. He is an emeritus fellow of New College, Oxford, and was the University of Oxford’s Professor for Public Understanding of Science from 1995 until 2008.’
‘We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.’

5 Likes

SFN at its transcendental best :notes: onwards and upwards :chart_with_upwards_trend::rofl: thanks to you both for a uplifting coda to an earnest and sturdy debate.

2 Likes

There seem to be no end of entries on the WWW, but this one caught my eye for its clear statement of contempt.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/homeoprophylaxis-an-idea-whose-time-has-come-and-gone/

1 Like

IYep…the big corporate pharmaceutical machine and it’s bought and paid for MSM lobbyists really don’t like it…If we’re gonna talk about Homoeoprophylaxis and homeopathy and the oft cried “placebo” v allopathic then a good place to start is with animals who cannot be influenced by a “placebo”…magic or otherwise…So many animal guardians have been told by conventional vets that there is nothing more can be done and advise put to sleep/euthanasia…so many who have turned to homeopathic vets and their pets are now well…There is a particularly vitriolic group of people at the minute…headed by a vet and some really “not nice” individuals who have been outright vile to concerned pet guardians on the RCVS homepage in their agenda to ban alternative medicine and homeopathy in particular… The pet market for vaccines is probably even bigger than for human vaccines…despite industry guidelines vets are still advocating annual vaccines…handing out so called vaccination amnesties to their clients… https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/219/768/240/we-need-to-stop-the-rcvs-from-banning-homeopathic-vets-from-treating-animals/

I could post much here about the vet who retweeted this…and also my opinion of him and his frankly rabid and really not nice supporters…but those of us engaged in promoting natural health for animals find it very difficult to stoop to his and his supporters level…Our pets and animals and livestock are currently the canary in the mine…

I agree with you totally about animals and placebos Helen…I have seen and had enough proof to know that ‘more natural’ means than filling animals (and people) with drugs can be benificial.
On a more personal note I had a very nasty fall on Wednesday evening, taken to the hospital with ‘an arrachment de la malleole externe de la cheville’. After X rays and being told I can’t bear any weight for 5 days, have to wear a brace and can’t drive or move much for a month, the first thing the doctor on duty wanted was to prescribe anti-inflammitaires, plus a dose of extra strong pain killers for a month. I refused both because the side effects are horrible. How will you cope he asked, I replied that I would use essential oils for the swelling and pain. It’s Friday and after 6 times a day of using oils the swelling has reduced along with the pain. No side effects at all, I am not stupid so will keep the weight off the ankle, but much prefer this gentle treatment.

1 Like

Goodness me…holding you in my thoughts tonight on lighting my candles and sending healing…One of my aunties has been a nurse for 40 plus years…she broke her ankle several years back…air ambulance emergency…plates pins and agony ever since…the recent X-rays show that her foot and ankle was reassembled the wrong way…she hallucinates on tramadol so won’t take it…She’s years past retirement but still feels genuine affection for the elderly and infirm in her care…I’ll let her know about essential oils… x

1 Like

Interesting podcast on Alternative medicine

A rather bizarre interview featuring a most arrogant rude aggressive patronising asshole that many advocates of cam (complemtary alternative medicine for animals and especially homeopathy) are currently dealing with…x :slight_smile:

And you gotta ask wtf are people like him so afraid of…??? who does he think he is that gives him any right whatsoever to decide what others may choose either for themselves or their animals…If people with informed consent are choosing alternative medicine and especially homeopathy then wtf has it got to do with him…???

Deleted

Transparency on gardasil…

More transparency on gardasil…

This is a bit more than just uncomfortable Helen. It’s offensive, intrusive and shamelessly exploits the death of a child.

@james Please review this content.

1 Like

I did invite review and deletion if too uncomfortable…:heart:

Transparency on retrovirus…