Oh yes, quite a few birds and reptiles take them, perhaps other animals. I have no idea how they deal with the venom, perhaps just digest it.
I just walked my dogs and found myself chuckling at a local story that I shall recall.
Our local dead-eye dick hunter Jean-Marie had shot down several nests, so was feeling smug about that. One day he was out with three other hunters at the beginning of the season and saw a nice big nest. He blasted both barrels into the nest. It dislodged, bounced branch to branch and splatted on the ground. Unlike previous ones that remained intact which they could quickly put a fire over (the nests burn well too), this one burst open. Outcome: hunters did not get away fast enough although their dogs did. All four found themselves carried away by the Samu with siren sounding, soon to be in the emergency department of Bergerac hospital under heavy sedation, covered in some kind of lint and being treated for anticipated anaphylaxis given the number of stings each had.To keep hunters out of our field, especially J-M, I have placed some hives on the edge of the adjoining wood, they no longer come into the field.
I am sure this story can be repeated hundreds of times across France. It is, above all, a warning about what not to try.