Horse sitting service and livery

My wife has a certificate acquired from the 3 day course. Now I while I do not have to do it and doing it for 2 reasons: 1: Becasue id like to do it and achieve it. 2: becasue I have been called Arrgoant and lazy by some people for riding off my wives certificate even though it is both of our company (yes I am the primary person but at least We have a certificate which many places and people just choose to not bother with)

I have just taken a booking tonight where the dog has stayed with me before but ended up coming home from another place with a fear of hose pipes, was sulky for several days and even took to hiding under a table and had other things too. Now I managed to work through the hose pipe issue very quickly with the dog and he now plays with water gain and the other issues hes never had since staying with me. While i will not ever name said kennels they also took in dogs I refused as they were unvaccinated which is against the law also to aaccept dogs without vaccinations (yearly).

This are some of the things about treatment and care of animals that are covered in the certificate and while im sure thee are places out there with a certificate who may not be fit to purpose and other who are fantastic and have no certificate, it is the law to hold at least one certificate on site by someone who is on site on a regular basis.

Sorry this is off subject of horses. It may well be there is a work around for the lady, there used to be up until 2016 when the law changed and the 3 year of work rule was abolished. I know even vet nurses now from the UK have had to sit the course even though they are qualified.

Its a very complex system though and I only know what I know and know horses are covered on a extra day or 2 course for animal care.

1 Like

seeing errors already in my writing style so I apologise.

you would need to speak to the agriculture ministry they could advice further.

1 Like

Don’t be daft, you don’t need to apologise. It’s great to have first hand information on all this.
Diolch yn fawr iawn Harry.

1 Like

No need to apologise for errors in writing Harry, it’s the content that counts ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

More confusion. You stated that you are an AE but you now claim to be in business with your wife with you as the main participant and her holding the Certificate of Capacity. That is nor possible under AE/ME.

Actually it is, and it’s not that uncommon. There are two routes to choose from - conjoint collaborateur which is what most couples opt for, or conjoint salarié which gives the spouse more “rights” but the cotisations are higher.

It’s only an option for married couples though, an ME’s “conjoint” can only be their marriage partner. I don’t think even a PACS partner can be a conjoint in an ME.

2 Likes

Hi Kate
I have been doing some research on French forums,and while there is a lot of contradictory advice, (some saying you need qualifications, others not) it appears that the Chambre d’agriculture in the area wherever you propose to settle is a good start and can give advice.
As you may be running a business then the Chambre de commerce will be able to give advice about whether you will be micro-entrapaneur etc; ( Others on SF have loads of experience and advice about that).
I have put a link here that may be helpful in seeing what other ‘pensions’ there may be in your chosen area,they too have a forum so maybe you can ask some questions here.
If you are planning on running a business then start-up costs will be high, if you have ‘boxes’ they need to be a certain size, must be disinfected regularly and of course you will need insurance to cover your ‘boarders’. What if one of them becomes ill and you cannot for some reason contact the owners?
Harry runs a successful business and no doubt has had to deal with all sorts of situations regarding a pet who has been taken ill, vet’s fee’s etc;
One last thought, try the Tourist Information office in your area, they will have brochures about holiday accomodation and sometimes there are people offering ‘riding’ services, pony treks etc; who often speak English, you could try contacting them for information.

Anway here is the link so that you can see what’s happening in your ‘area’. Good luck !
https://www.equirodi.com/annonces/pensions-chevaux.htm

2 Likes

Hi Ann,
Thank you so much for finding that out for me. Please can you tell me which French forums you looked on?
Thank for the link too, I will definitely explore what others are offering hopefully make to useful contacts too.
Kate x

we are both registered so please get your facts straight and stop giving bad info as your info is wrong

I am an AE running a kennels and my wife works with me and holds our certificate. Now if the French system had allowed for dyslexia in the first instance she would not have needed to take the course so we went down the route as married couple

The business is mine and my wife helps me run said business so do me a favour and leave me alone before i say something that will get me removed from this group because ive quite frankly had enough of your belittling comments towards me and quite frankly am finding you rather like a virtual bully keyboard warrior know it all.

If you have nothing nice to say towards me without knowing the FACTS behind how I run my business please do not post.

Stella please can you deal with this as quite frankly im getting annoyed now. I dont need this kind of personal attack towards me.

on the forums there is lots of contradicting advice but on the gouv website its in black and white. I had this debate with a vet nurse who also does a cattery with another family member (they dont have a certificate)

Honestly the best way is to speak direct to local ministry, its only the looking after others horse that needs the certificate though.

You may well find your years of experience with horses can be transferred I know I asked our lady today about this and confirmed to pet sit horses you would still need it. To point out btw if your a new business you can ask them to start up your business while being booked onto the course (before you get the certificate. (only available to new businesses though not old)

We are Conjoint Collaborateur and thank you Anna for knowing proper facts. The salarie one restricted my wife on her work also and the financial costs were insane too.

start up costs were okay. Now we have just moved and purpose built and fr us the costs have been very high. There are grants available also.

not sure the bedroom space would pass to horses as the 5mtr square pr animal is for dogs.

Stables are very different and as for pet illnesses you hold a idea that your local vets would treat any illness. If the fault is your own your insurance would cover it, if it was a illness that was not your fault and it was down to owners and you could not raise them it would fall down to them to pay the vets bill.

Its quite complex but I am more than happy to offer some info on how to words your Terms and coditions and your pet sitting contracts.

@Aquitaine David, are you sure this is not possible?

All sorted James
http://www.myae.fr/faq/statut-conjoint-collaborateur-auto-entrepreneur.php
and I see I was wrong in my earlier post, it does also apply to PACS partners.

Anna explained the situation which is why I ‘liked’ her post. It was useful to know as up to now I’ve read a huge number of posts explaining how AE/ME are sole activities and how husbands and wives have been unable to both be registered as AE/ME to do different parts, eg grass cutting and accounts within the same AE/ME business.

So is this post incorrect @Aquitaine ?

Yes. As I said, Anna corrected me immediately. Her link makes it clear.

That’s entirely correct, they can’t both register as ME. One registers as ME and the other has the status of collaborateur. One business, one siret number, one spouse has entrepreneur status and one has collaborateur status.

Technically, any wife who does hubby’s accounts for him on a regular basis, or any hubby who cleans his wife’s gites on a regular basis, should be declared as a conjoint collaborateur or salarié and paying cotisations. If the business is registered in one name only then it is stricty a one person business and that person should do everything, the spouse should have zero involvement. Otherwise they’re working unregistered ie “on the black”.
I bet loads do though. Under CMU, claiming your spouse was inactif and adding them to your health cover as an ayant droit was cheaper than declaring them as a collaborateur and paying cotisations for them. And I guess still will be, in some circumstances.

1 Like

Thank you Anna. That is what I believed. The conjoint system is new to me.

1 Like

and no one bothered to ask us how we do it as I stated in my reply she is classed as collaborator. Without getting facts he jumped down my throat yet again. No I am well aware 2 people cannot register under same siret number. As stated before commenting and telling someone they are wrong its best to ask said person to clarify facts.