Hello! We’re planning our first trip to France, in June. We’ll be in Toulouse, Montpellier, and some as-yet-undetermined small town in Languedoc-Roussillon.
We’re hoping to get some input from folks who know these areas - the first question is about hotels. We have found that often the kind of hotels we like aren’t yet in the guide books.
Does anyone know of a hotel that comes close to our ideal? We appreciate any leads.
Our ideal hotel:
- primarily non-smoking (we’re both very sensitive to smoke)
- preferably no pets (we’re both highly allergic)
- small, friendly, with family-style dining or kitchen privileges
- encourages interaction between guests, knowledgeable about the area and happy to share advice
- nice area within walking distance of center of town, easy access to public transportation
- rooms have either two beds or king-size bed
We don’t care whether bathrooms are shared.
English-speaking staff would be helpful, but we both speak enough French to get by.
- What is a reasonable cost for this?
- Can we expect to be able to extend our stay? or is it important to book an entire week? We’re aiming for flexibility.
Julie & Rick
(posting also in the Toulouse group, I hope)