How do I dispose of a French registered car after failing the Contrôle Technique?

My car has just failed it’s contrôle technique due to the exhaust system and windows that won’t wind up and down. As the cost of repairing the windows is too great, I want to get rid of the car. Can anyone tell me what’s involved in scrapping it?

Maybe donate it to your local pompiers for training purposes if they agree to do the paperwork?

Ask at your local Testing Station… they will know folk within the scrap industry …and such folk will do the necessary paperwork and maybe pay you a little for the pleasure… :wink:

If not, simply approach your local breakers yard…

Look up casse in the yellow pages

1 Like