How do you feel about shopping without Tills? IKEA update

Anyone got another spade?! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You still haven’t answered my question though Peter.
You have assumed that the people you see at the check outs have aspirations to higher things. You have assumed that its a detestable job, detestable to who ? I have seen many men at check out duty so why do you only refer to women?
Have you actually taken the time to ask what they would rather be doing ?
You have your experiences but nevertheless it was your choice to become a nurse, an occupation with all that the job entailed. It can’t be related to a check out operator who has little training.
I have no idea why you have posted personal comments about Simon either, what on earth does it have to do with this post.
I think that its you who are stereotyping women Peter !

5 Likes

Ann, I’ve worked with women all my life. None have ever accused me of misrepresenting them or stereotyping them. They have had ample opportunity to do so, and I have always been open to their criticism. You should perhaps examine your own assumptions about me, about men, and about my perception of women’s expectations and aspirations. They have a validity that perhaps escapes you.

2 Likes

At a local supermarket there is a really lovely young man who speaks fluent French but is English…his family moved here when he was little but he went back to uk to university and to get a degree…He worked Xmas and new year and was in on scheduled days off…after 2 years working there he’s finally got enough holiday days to go back to uk for a week to spend with his uni mates…it seems obvious that his degree hasn’t got him into a job he would prefer…??? On an esoteric level there is no such thing as “money”…we live in a false construct…a false reality overlaid by a corrupt parasitic banking and tax and judicial slavery system…If you ever lawfully challenge the system and ask why it perceives you owe a debt then it quickly becomes apparent that it was your own signature that created the “money” and that any debt was paid in full the moment you signed…I’ve been in discussion groups where similar questions were raised…”ok so we absolutely know that we are the value…the currency…but who is gonna collect the garbage if the truth of who we really are becomes mainstream…???”

Helen I greatly respect you and your integrity, but I have had enough of being maligned and disparaged for expressing a point of view, so I shall not contribute further, although I shall follow you and other SF members because it is a useful resource.

Thanks for your inspirational input and moral support over the time of our acquaintance, and keep up your courageous work to make a difference where it matters.

Peter I truly hope that you continue to contribute and I for one value your life experience and honestly expressed opinions…We are living in a time of great change…a pivotal point in history/herstory…I scan the mainstream news and I feel the desperation of a dieing system… an insanity that revels in us having us at each other’s throats…hang in there…(((( Hugs ))))

1 Like

Scary world Helen, scary world - thank goodness it’s not mine ! :wink:

1 Like

So when ypu come into the store and swipe your app you are under total surveillance.
Not for me.
Anyway I don’t have a smartphone.

1 Like

I for one was not maligning or disparaging Peter, merely disagreeing.
I too value your opinions, though I doubt if I will always share them :wink:

1 Like

It’s a pity that Peter doesn’t like comments and questions on this thread that he replied to.
We all have the right to our opinions and to my knowledge none of the comments were malicious or disparaging.
I have followed all Peter’s posts and while some of them I totally disagree with I have never disparaged him, or made uneccessary personal comments !
If he no longer wants to make a contribution then it’s his choice …C’est la vie ! :expressionless:

2 Likes

I agree Ann. If you put your point of view out there you have to expect people to disagree with it. I thought this was a fairly gentle argument so a bit surprised at Peter’s reaction.

3 Likes

Me too Mandy , I think over-reaction in this instance !

2 Likes

I sincerely hope Peter sticks around :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Some people are just not used to being challenged - possibly because they are so used to getting their own way and essentially ‘holding court’. :wink:

4 Likes

Just reading through this it strikes me (not for the first time) that none of us ever know what other stuff is going on in people’s day to day lives that maybe causes them to post / react / express themselves in a certain way.

In an ideal world our emotions would never affect our online comments but we all know it doesn’t work like that.

So lets all show a little more tolerance please. Thanks!

4 Likes

Simon, you don’t usually challenge, and when you do I accept and respond with what feels to me like a proper humility.

What depresses me about you is your apparent glee and delight at entraining others in my public humiliation, for example asking others if they know of any courses in self-awareness I could attend. That is bullying behaviour, I reckon. Not getting the satisfaction you need, you signal to others that they should join in.

Ann, my comments were in no way directed at you. It’s @anon88888878 pattern of personal abuse towards me that I find depressing. Inviting others to heap scorn on my lack of self-awareness by suggesting courses I could attend is insulting, and he knows it.

No other contributor bullies and demeans like @anon88888878, and I am not his only victim, but I doubt I shall be his last.

I am responding to people like you, and so many others who have restored my faith in this community with kindly support over this business, but I don’t feel able to contribute further at present.

Bill, you’re very kind and I appreciate it. Say hi to that goose of yours from me :grinning:

1 Like

Well that’s a relief! :stuck_out_tongue:

So far (!) in this thread you have made wild (incorrect) personal assumptions about my job and the colleagues and customers I work with. You’ve told me to pipe down, get a reality update, that I’m unbelievably smug, that I display bullying behaviour, am personally abusive and that I bully and demean.

I’ve questioned your self awareness , suggested you stop digging yourself into a hole and that you don’t like being challenged.

The jury’s out.

Hello Peter
I am pleased that your comments were not directed to me personally. I would hate anything I have said to have been miscronstrued and to have come over as malicious, denegrating or even condescending!
I did ask some pertinent questions, how you choose to reply, or not, is your affair, but I will ask questions and make comments on all the posts that I take an interest in whether it suits the poster, or not. Surely that’s what this site is for ?
Sometimes we all put little light hearted ‘digs’ on here, I believe if you look at some of your posts you will find that you too have done the same. While these sort of light hearted comments might on certain days not go down so well nevertheless they do sometimes brighten posts.
We are not clones, we all have clashes of personality at some time or the other with certain posters.
Happens to me, and I am sure to most of us here, that our hackles rise on reading 'so and so’s" comments.
It would be good if things didn’t degenerate into nasty personal comments and chipping away as if to have the last word is the be all and end all.
As Catherine has quie rightly pointed out tolerance is needed. I know for a fact that as I have become older my tolerance levels have dropped !:zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes