How do you feel about shopping without Tills? IKEA update

I think we are all getting a bit hot and sticky - step away from your keyboards, go and have a nice cold drink and potter round the garden / walk the dog and generally CHILL!
X

3 Likes

I have been out in the garden for about an hour doing low impact jobs. Chill isn’t the word I’d use to describe it, it’s warm, too warm! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My levels were never very high Ann. Apologies to all, for any offence I may have caused :wink:

1 Like

Apologies for what Bill ? I haven’t, so far :wink:, found any of your comments offensive…but then the night is young and there’s still time left :rofl:

Actually I’ve just reread the title of the discussion and cackled to myself…

The answer would have to be “ no way, it is always a disaster” because…our younger daughter is Tilly aka Tills and she is THE best shopper in the world ever.

She can go into a shop in the sales and find the one item that suits you perfectly, in your size, with a massive discount in about 60 seconds. It is verging on scary.

If anyone in the family wants to buy anything online, we don’t even bother trying to find it ourselves - we just ‘ask Tills’ as she is bound to find the best product at the best price. She buys people the most perfect presents (things that you didn’t even know you wanted but once handed over, you wondered how you ever managed without them) and says modestly that she just “likes research”.
So from SF Towers - definitely no shopping without Tills :slight_smile:

6 Likes

:rofl:

Not at all scary Simon
…it was an interesting debate…empowering to prove the non existence of “debt”…then the discussion turned to the “what ifs” of building a world where no one had to pay to be alive…inevitably the question arose about who would do the jobs such as bin collecting etc…I saw it that communities would work together but more than that my interest was in creating environmentally friendly packaging and my interest then turned to how a humble plant like hemp could save a planet in terms of not only packaging but building and soil erosion and cleaning the land and medicinal…x :slight_smile:

My apologies Helen - I didn’t make myself clear - I meant scary for me (!). I fully appreciate it isn’t at all scary for you as it’s something you wholeheartedly believe in. That’s fine - it’s just that I don’t and can’t share your beliefs as it would clearly make me a hypocrite - added to the fact I have much more important things to concern myself with :slight_smile:

@Peter_Goble, at times like this when people are getting you down I always turn to the comedians bible ‘Irony, Sarcasm and General Piss Taking’ for inspiration, happy to lend you a copy.

2 Likes

Will you lend me one Tim, I seem to be lacking a certain je ne sais quoi, more importantly will it be signed ? :dizzy_face:
On that note I am off to bed before the bats come out to play :bat::bat:
Have a great evening all :slight_smile:

1 Like

The cheese stall at our local market always has a huge queue (it is very good). One Friday I was queuing up as usual when cheese man called out to let a woman at the back come to the front because she had an important job to go to and didn’t have time to waste. It was one of the cashiers at the local supermarket. A very nice friendly women, who always has a smile and a word with customers, so everyone happily let her move forward…

2 Likes

Well I will be very sorry to see Peter depart.
A much more amusing and informative guy than some, including me.
Some, would eagerly, hasten to say, I’m sure.
:rofl:

Sounds just up my creek Tim… errr up my street?.. I see Ann seems to have first call on your generosity, but thanks for the offer and keep your one-liners coming, they’re a proper tonic :grinning:

“The jury’s out”…

… and @anon88888878 has assumed the role of prosecutor and presiding judge in his own court of character-crime, it seems.

Just holding up a mirror Peter - just holding up a mirror… :wink:

(PS can you please stop with the personal attacks - thanks)

Simon and Peter - can I please suggest that you both do as Peter has just suggested and ignore each other.
Thanks.

4 Likes

We already have this here in the Netherlands works quite well it even flags up any discount vouchers from the shop or the supplier You just need to remember to scan everything

Brilliant we all need a T’ils, especially me :blush::blush: is the little lady for hire? Lol lol

One of the greatest uses of chip technology I’ve come across is the way that you can use a Debit card on the London Underground. You use your Debit card to enter and exit the system and that automatically generates an open account that is totalled at the end of the day. You are not charged per journey but by the most economic plan according to your usage without having to pre purchase a daily card hoping that is the best for your plans. I’m sure that if someone wanted to invade my privacy and track my progress across the capital it wouldn’t be difficult to do but luckily I’m not paranoid about what Big Brother is doing to me. If he wanted a bigger picture he would be tracking my phone anyway. Modern technology enhances my life even though I’m approaching the age where society presumes that I will be technologically naïve. I love self checkouts in supermarkets but mainly because they will take all my loose change, count it and return any excess in large denomination coins.

3 Likes

Yes I should hire her out!!