How fast is your garden shed?

This did make me chuckle … anyone else getting into this sort of madness ? I’m sure @james is handy enough to build something like this… :upside_down_face::wink: and @anon90504988 can fit the engine… :grin::grinning::joy:

1 Like

Motorised shed hits 100mph to break speed record at Pendine Sands

A souped-up motorised shed has broken its own land speed record on a Welsh beach as it hit 100mph.

The Fastest Shed smashed its previous 80mph (129km/h) record for the fastest shed at a land speed event at Pendine Sands in Carmarthenshire on Saturday.

Owner Kevin Nicks said it was “marvellous” to hit 101mph (160 km/h) in what he said was the only road legal motorised shed in the world.

“It couldn’t have gone better, I’m so happy,” said the 53-year-old gardener.

Mr Nicks, from Chipping Norton in Oxfordshire, spent more than £13,000 creating his bespoke shed on wheels, which now boasts a turbo-charged 400 brake horsepower engine that is more powerful than many sports cars.

1 Like

Back in the day, I once drove an Audi coupe at over 100 mph on Pendine sands, seriously scary. One downside was that the car caught a serious rust bug from the salty sand :sob::sob:

1 Like

You were a little devil in those days… :wink::wink:

Did the same at Black rock sands, got chased by the beach patrols… and caught😨

1 Like

Aha… so you have more than one sort of “record” :thinking::wink::zipper_mouth_face::sweat_smile:

I woz innocent, honest guv :smiling_imp:

1 Like

not really a shed is it though its a car shaped shed on a car frame.

Harry… didn’t you smile just a little bit at the thought of James and Mark building something like this ??? :wink::wink::wink::slight_smile:

I reckon that a car-shaped garden shed could be a best-seller… my grandson would love to have one to house his scalextric stuff … he’s car crazy… :joy:

quite possibly would be fun for someone. still a shed on top of a car chassis

Well obviously, in their natural environment sheds aren’t particularly fast. Mind you the garden shed we had in the 1970s did fall apart and rot amazingly quickly. Modern wood preservation treatments have certainly slowed them down in that context.

1 Like