How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

You should have a more thorough search of the site and you will find discussions on horse mutilation and virus increases. If you want to discuss the negative news in France just start your own thread. Or you could just moan that these things aren’t being provided for you.
Izzy x

4 Likes

Ronald, I admire your interest in French current affairs.

Apart from trying to help one another with practical advice relating to living in France, many here also find it interesting to debate what’s happening in the Country of their birth. In these debates, in my opinion, the horror of what is happening in the UK is not ameliorated by unrelated events in France. I think that’s just a distraction, a strategy I’ve often noticed used by the BBC… things are bad in the UK but they are worse in… fill in the country of your choice.

Of course France isn’t perfect, but that’s a separate debate. We have French television, radio, newspapers, both national and local, to keep us up to speed on those issues, which do often make their way onto this forum. The Gilet Jaunes for example. You may like to start a thread yourself :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

As the others said Ronald, start your own threads. People will contribute if they find the topic interesting.

For example, what do you think about the current state of the race for the next a Presidential elections ? The Republicans look like they could sell their souls to Macron in exchange for political office. That’s worrying imo.

Quote in the New York Times from Douglas Bannister, chief executive of the port of Dover: “I am very, very confident that there will be no disruption on January 1st, primarily because it’s a bank holiday. But January 2nd may be a different question.”

I think I would be concerned about the steady progress of right wing populism which could give Mme Le Pen a way into the Élysée.

I mainly read the General Discussion as it seems to be the place where current affairs are aired and I did search other threads, maybe not very well. I am not a great starter of new topics.

there you go…

An old joke, tweaked for our times and culled from someone with more time on the hands than I do on Twitter

The old ones, as they say, are the best ones.

8 Likes

Well I read it all the way through. Aren’t jokes supposed to make you laugh?

As if on cue, Mme Le Pen has begun to ratchet up the discussion on security.

Raise a wry smile at least :slight_smile:

posted that yesterday - you obviously have a problem with observation :grin:

A link from 2018!

Is it a joke or is it a homily?

More of a shaggy dog story really. :slight_smile:

As I said, in the wry smile territory rather than belly laughs.

I have surprised myself that my hatred for Johnson (& Co) has grown further - I didn’t think it was possible, but this latest action is just appalling.

1 Like

I’m not sure if Johnson genuinely did not understand what he was signing or genuinely thought that it would be possible to alter it later. The latter is plausible since Johnson operates in a world where he simply says what is necessary to get him through in the short term, working on the assumption that he has no intention to follow through - he just assumes everyone is the same, why not the EU?

1 Like

So much for the Conservative and Unionist Party.
He is prepared to give the green light to extremists to murder just to frighten the EU.

the comment about security comes from a rally in Frejus at the weekend :scratches head and rolls eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sigh, more realism from the UK is probably what is needed.

This is, err, quite a big thing.

Though they will probbaly now parachute a stooge into this important role as they did with the AG