How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

Agreed if that were the case BUT the deaths are still pretty high though.

Over last 7 days in UK approx 110 per day compared to 35 per day in France.

1 Like

Hospital admission for covid in the UK are also running at over 3 times the rate in France - over 5,000 every day - and the NHS is already in difficulty:

Sorry Geof that’s simply not true. The BBC are reporting 6763 people currently in hospital with Covid-19. A fall of 65 on the previous day. Where on earth did you get 5000 hospital admissions per day from?

It is just over 5000 for a 7 day period, an average of 817 per day. (47 per day in France).

1 Like

Yes - sorry - typo - over 5,000 every week.

I don’t think that BoJo will think that is the case. He suffered a battering from Andrew Marr and Nick Robinson on the Today programme, actually told him, after he had been waffling on for about a minute and a half, that he had to pause and this is how it was going to work. He would ask the questions and then BoJo would answer them.

I think we can conclude this discussion with the following report:

So the original question was “How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far” - it is clear that the answer is very BADLY - a crime to all those who have died.

It would be appropriate for criminal proceedings to follow but you know it won’t happen.

3 Likes

True. Excellent graphics in The Guardian this morning representing the current case rate etc…

Most interesting perhaps is Sweden - very low case rate now despite never having formally locked down - and its total cumulative cases and deaths adjusted for population now well below the UK.

The latest Parliamentary Report re Covid is scathing.
We knew that BoJo didn’t want to Lockdown, presumably because his own ego wouldn’t accept it and he thought that the great British public were as selfish as himself.
The Track and Trace was a farce. etc. etc. and now all the cases from the Good Law Project regarding special lists for suppliers for tory donors and friends of MP’s etc.
Latest news here:
Hi Jane,

“Boris Johnson and at least three Ministers, past and present - Matt Hancock, Lord Bethell and Greg Hands - have routinely breached national security guidance by using private emails and private messaging apps for Government business,” say Good Law Project (GLP).

The High Court has just ordered an urgent hearing of their case challenging the Government’s use of personal accounts rather than official channels.

If you would like to contribute to their case go to their website.

1 Like

But unlike France they dont put their leaders (ex leaders) in the dock and such is the power bestowed on the PM he can vito almost anything like he did with Pritti Arrogant’s bullying case

Does anyone actually have any real evidence that Johnson and co have committed punishable crimes that would end up with a prison term?

Sadly being a stupid baffoon isnt one of them but who is going to author a report providing the details?

I certainly hope so but I very much doubt it exists.

1 Like

There have been plenty of cases of law-breaking, haven’t there? Latest here:

But will any of them end up with a prison term? Not in the UK - precisely the problem Corona identified!

My comment was about evidence of ‘punishable crimes’ not international law breaking or not sticking to Westminster rules.

Sarkozy has been found guilty (twice) of corruption with more charges to follow.

The two are not the same.

There are many different ways of breaking the law. Agnès Buzyn has been charged with what in the UK would I think be called criminal negligence. I don’t think anybody could seriously argue that Johnson and a number of other ministers could have escaped similar charges if they were in France.

But if you’re looking for a very specific parallel with Sarkozy there is indeed a lot of circumstantial evidence of personal corruption against UK ministers (though not yet sufficient in UK law perhaps) - for example in areas like government procurement - PPE, etc.

Isn’t that the most crucial thing? :wink:

Comparing French law with UK law is futile Geof, as much as we might want senior UK government ministers to be individually accountable for the mess they’ve made of the Covid crisis as of now they have not committed any crime and until evidence emerges that any have the only option is to vote them out at the next GE.

The problems in the UK is shortages of people to work long difficult hours for next to no pay, well who knew…

Slaps forehead

2 Likes

His hopefully, hard, just be sure not to leave a mark so you can deny all knowledge.

1 Like