How much wine do you drink and how often

Hi there,
Do you like wine…do you drink often and how much do you drink ?
When do become an alcoholic ?
The english do have a reputation of excessive drinking…do we drink more than the french ?
Interesting topic ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There seems to be a reluctance to answer this one!

OOOHHHH good question well since we moved here we may have gone slightly overboard. You see wine in Canada is EXPENSIVE, it is highly taxed and is so ridiculously excessive so when we got to the Savoie region of France we couldn’t believe the price and of course quality for such said price… My husband started keeping his corks in a jar, for fun and at the end of 6 months we tallied up the very large bucket. It came to approx. a bottle every 2 days which I think isn’t too bad???
I compared some of the wines from our local store at home in Canada and apples for apples it was so silly how much different it was, ahhh well I still buy it so…
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haha…that’s funny. I was inspired on a topic about cheap good quality wine and there were loads of answers !

1 Like

Oh a bottle every 2 days is very resonable for two of you ! Bravo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Probably a number of people wondering whether honesty is the best policy!

3 Likes

Yeah I bet !..that’s why I thourght it would be interesting.
Myself…being very honest…I’ve been living here for many years
I love wine, specially red and I find it’s quite difficult not to slip into a daily, or evening routine.
I can drink 3/4 of a bottle without feeling hungover the next day. But I think it’s too much. Not to mention putting on weight !
So here I am tonight with my green tea, for a change :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Green tea or Merlot?..I’ll have to think about that…for a millisecond…

3 Likes

When I invite English people to dinner they consume easily 3 times as much wine as when I invite my French friends. I probably drink a half-glass of wine (half of a French ‘normal’ glass) about every 3 weeks, if that… petite joueuse indeed!

4 Likes

Too much sometimes.

I wish I was on France though. Good wines for far less money.

Luckily we stocked up on a recent visit to Burgundy… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We are Cornish and like the Bretons we know how to party! Wine or cider to be enjoyed. Occassionally giggly, tiddly but that is all.

2 Likes

We’ve lived in France for 14 yrs and enjoy a glass of wine on Saturday and Sunday with lunch which leaves a glass for one day in the week. If we go out for a meal we would drink more but then cut back for the rest of the week.

3 Likes

It’s not that bad a habit I considering pop is more expensive here!

3 Likes

So what was it Chris …Green Tea or Merlot ?

That’s control for ye ! :slight_smile:

I totally agree with you :)…and pop is better in the morning :wink:

1 Like

Oh I love Cornwall…spent 3 seasons there, back in the late 70s, in Newquay…I must admit…THAT is where I learned to drink !

G…gr…gree…Merlot.

1 Like

3 times more !!!..that’s a lot !..“easily” en plus !..god, your french friends are a bit boring…wink:
I hope they bring their wine with them ! :slight_smile:

Bad boy :slight_smile: