How to kill the NHS

Just as reminder, the self serving idiot above wants to replace this man…

If that happens it’s the death of the NHS.

3 Likes

Incompetence no longer a barrier to advancement at the court of the Buffoon.

4 Likes

Indeed almost a requirement.

4 Likes

She’s a dreadful idiot … Talk Talk should have been enough for her never to get a decent job again !

The woman who rolled out the vaccination program would be a better choice.

1 Like

Yes, though she’s not a Public Health type, she’s investment banker isn’t she?. I think her success in the vaccine procurement was due to her effectiveness not her relevant knowledge.

1 Like

According to Wikipedia, Kate Bingham is a venture capitalist and wife of Jesse Norman, Financial Secretary to the Treasury in the administration of Boris Johnson.

Yes, a highly effective woman. Unlike the insider failure Dido Harding.

2 Likes

I guess this is a real risk…

Harding’s husband is a member of the 1828 group which has called for the NHS to be replaced by an insurance based system (because that works so well in the US, I presume).

There’s an element of joint the dots here but I think John is right - the appointment of Harding would be the biggest existential threat to the NHS in it’s 73 year history.

2 Likes

Even Boris might have to think again after the Amersham election debacle.

That implies he’s had to think… at least once

2 Likes

Most of us can think, its what the results, or not, that we end up with that count.

7 Likes

Very good Paul.

I’ve long pondered the ability of “the establishment” to turn military disasters into “wins”. I don’t know if it is a purely British skill because I don’t know other countries history well enough to judge, but British examples abound. For example, Dunkirk, the charge of the Light Brigade, Isandlwana/Rork’s Drift (bolstered by 11VCs), Arnhem, etc.

I’m all for keeping up public moral but it surely doesn’t hold the top brass to account, and I guess we are just seeing the same in politics these days. Lies and spin turn incompetents (e.g. Matt Hancock) into heroes.