How to subscribe to Survive France, go AD FREE and get access to the VIP Lounge!

Yes, but it is insignificant when compared to your donation :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for your patronage! All subscribers now benefit from a banner ad free experience and also have access to the VIP Lounge!

Visit the VIP Lounge now or subscribe to get access

If you have already subscribed and you can’t get in there, shout and I will fix it!

Thanks!

I don’t really care about the banners. It’s not the packaging that matters…

1 Like

There’s more to it than that! :wink:

Oh golly… I Just reread my message. It seems really dismissive which wasn’t my intention! I meant in a good way… that the banners don’t distract me from the content!

2 Likes

Not at all! :slight_smile:

Last weeks subscriber only post from @cat ‘Boys and their Toys’

https://www.survivefrance.com/t/boys-and-their-toys/20011/

0aacdb3e3d607bd71f49164ca4c97da9001960ea_1_375x500

Your weekly blog post for @subscribers and @lounge members is up now!

“Jilly Cooper, James and jodhpurs”

https://www.survivefrance.com/t/jilly-cooper-james-and-jodhpurs/20110

1 Like

Hello, I’m from Kingston-upon-Thames and came to Paris in 1969 when I was 22 . I have and continue to enjoy my life in France, with my French wife, and have no regrets. I have managed all the « difficulties « that an expat can encounter here but they are not problems just amusing challenges.
I am glad to have found your Forum. I was thinking of looking for UK tv reception info as I have a Humex box with satellite dish and think I prefer to receive via the net … but frankly the idea of paying 10€ a month leaves me cold …
So, I’ll just wish you all a très bon survival
I’ve been managing fine for nearly 50 years but there is no way I’m going to pay 10€ a month to share my experiences.
David Hyde

It’s free @DavidMorgan if you pay you remove the ads, that’s all. Great first post though! Welcome :expressionless:

Surprising number of subscribers who are now “anon”
Is that a penalty for getting your wallet out? :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I came across this thread as a result of you posting a comment Graham and I’m surprised to see so many Anon’s. I wonder who Simon and Harry were, or Sandra?!! And the people with injuries!! I also spotted a Peter who seems very familiar, it’s not our Mr Goble in another guise is it? Very interesting thread and fairly adversarial in places.
I imagine this site has many other such gems lurking in it’s depths.
Love it!
Izzy x

IIRC Simon was Simon Armstrong - an ex airline pilot who mysteriously disappeared over the SF triangle. He contributed to many threads on techie things. Harry was a dear old chappie with animals but not sure about Sandra. It may well have been our very own Gobbles because he did the leave the site for a while and then came back stronger as ever. He and Simon had quite a few spats IIRC - all in the past now of course.
It has to be said that @james and @cat stand for no messing these days. The threat of flouncing off usually end in them having their wish granted :wink:
And yes, go well back into the archives and you will find some very “interesting” characters and threads - enough to stand your hair on end!

3 Likes

Thank you Graham, you h car obviously been here a while. Will look further back and see what I can find!
Izzy x

Joined January 2012 but probably looked at the site quite a bit before joining in.

1 Like

I had no idea that Simon Armstrong went missing! How awful.
We had the wonderful Brian Milne as well, who kept us all up to date on the terrible things that were happening to children around the world.

Simon and Misty (Ann?) Went missing around the same time. I think there was one other :thinking:

I think BM is still shown as a member on SF

Only from SF @Jane_Williamson… I’m certain he still exists elsewhere in the ether :slightly_smiling_face: