How very kind of them

Gov.uk :
Work and Pensions Secretary Dr Thérèse Coffey said:

Pensioners in Europe who have paid into the system for years deserve peace of mind over their future finances.
Not only are we providing much-needed reassurance for hundreds of thousands of retirees, we’re ensuring we are fully prepared for leaving the EU on 31 October.
No matter the circumstances of Brexit, we’ve made sure that pensioners do not need to take any action to continue receiving their hard-earned State Pension.

Isn’t that damn decent of them ?? I’ve paid NI for 50 years and I expect to receive the benefits I was told I was entitled to even if I’m living on Mars. These mendacious self-serving creeps make me want to go and be sick in a corner.

2 Likes

But you have to remember that the state pension is basically a Ponzi scheme, while you are, indeed, entitled to your pension, having paid the pensions of others when you were contributing, there isn’t a pile of your money waiting to be paid out to you.

And I’ll be happy to pat your back and sponge your brow.

I’ll leave the dust-pan-and-brush, mop and bucket, and air-freshener to your nearest and dearest, though, and shan’t stop for a cup of tea. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I find it rather odd that there are no symbols for vacuum cleaners, irons and ironing boards, clothes pegs, mops and pails, brooms, dustpans, brushes, brooms, feather dusters, pedal bins, laundry baskets or bottles of bleach.

Anyone venture a guess why? :thinking:. And what, from my position of male privilege, have I missed out, except perhaps unmade beds?

1 Like

:joy:

Just for you @Peter_Goble

2 Likes

Bally kind of you @graham :smiley:

Because nobody’s trying to sell or buy stuff. This ‘deal’ nonsense is a con trick.

1 Like

It’s even worse than that Paul, all public sector pensions are paid out of current income.

1 Like