How was your morning?

I felt worn out just reading your post Catharine.

I had a 'Man Morning'.

After a trip out to Ikea in Rene yesterday, the house was full of flat pack bedroom furniture.

I gave up putting it all together last night at about 10.30 and I have just finished it all.

No bits left over, and even a few spare parts were supplied, just in case some went missing.

I have to say that I have a new respect for flat pack furniture, its nice and solid, looks quite smart and I didn't swear once, when putting it together.

Wow, saved me writing pretty well the same except that we have two dogs and I smiled when I saw the puppy one had not puddled our floor. Few (or phew) other details except too bearded for such creams and no longer as vain as I once was. You seem to have missed the probable screeech and then being told what one of them had just forgotten when it is too late to turn round... But thanks Catharine, saves me lots of spelling mistakes I might otherwise make. Sympathy in sackloads...

love it - must think carefully about timing of getting puppy when back in France :)

My last 12h went something like this:

Went to bed 7.30pm after warm bath (with kids, fish & squirty toys) - back aching (shouldn't have tried to move boxes yesterday) & contractions since 4pm

8.30pm - took Spasfon & more paracetamol stayed in bed

10.15pm - Mr Fitz came to bed

10.30pm - felt hungry (skipped dinner as felt too ill & was sure was going into labour) asked Mr Fitz for some toast please. Discussion about whether 1 slice of crust was sufficient as a meal for very pregnant lady or should he go out and buy another loaf. After looking out of window at sleet, Mr Fitz agreed 1 slice was ok.

10.45pm ate toast - wanted another slice but daren't ask

12pm checked clock for umpteenth time - contractions not getting closer. Must be false alarm.

12.30pm took more paracetamol & spasfon then slept

4am woke up no contractions but still got back-ache & very sore hips - cannot sleep

5am wondering if I will be taking too much paracetamol in 24 hours to have any more yet - decide to wait till later

6am Mr Fitz gets up for work, I'm wondering how will I get through today feeling like this with hardly any sleep

6.30am get up, moan about back, stagger to bathroom, apply Activ Eclat - Radiance Enhancing exfoliator, wash, then anti-aging eye cream (really think I need to go for something more industrial next time - this one just softens fine lines apparently) followed by purifying serum & radiance energising emulsion (the whole pregnancy radiance thing is a myth after no sleep). That's the face sorted.

Next for the body - apply very liberal dollops of Perfect Sculpt Stretch Mark Restructuring Gel-Cream to beach ball sized tummy, alien hips and somebody elses legs. Hope that it does in fact perfectly sculpt them back to their original shape/form in 3 weeks time & that it really has been worth slathering this on every day for 9 months.

Apply Happy body smoother to rest of body in a bid to make me happy.

Squirt magnesium spray on arms - seems as good a place as anywhere...will hopefully stop me being calcium deficient and all my teeth falling out when I'm 50.

Body sorted - sort of.

7am sit on sofa - plan to sit here all day.

7.05am - plan interrupted - I need daddy cuddle, I'd like my milk please mummy then da da da da

Let the day commence...

At least it is Friday & today is Mr Fitz's last day at work until 3rd January - so tomorrow maybe I'll have my day as planned - sit on sofa all day...

Got up after a restless night, listening to the weather. Found verandah had let in the rain and the rug soaked. Reset Livebox as electricity cut out during the night. Looked outside to see that PVC panes from greenhouse were other side of field! Got phone call from French friends(9)) to cancel dinner tonight, after we’ve catered for them, 'cos a family member croaked it during the night! We’ll be eating same stuff every day till Xmas! What’s next?

What a great start to your day, just hope that it improves from hereon!