How's the Weather?

After a proper Spring day on Friday, I was sunburnt even, it’s gone to ‘bagwash’ again here in SE56, hey ho! things can only get better! :thinking: and I’ve heard that before :rofl:

1 Like

HOW’S THE WEATHER ??? I tell you how it is Bill…:slight_smile:

9C and pi**ing it down - fields flooded (again) - ducks are the only ones having a good time! It feels like we’ve had rotten weather since last October - with the odd day when the sun breaks through. There are a few fellow immigrants around here who are in complete denial and think it’s not been too bad - either barking mad or Emperor’s New Clothes syndrome - not sure!! :wink: I remind them that we’re further South than bloody Nice on the Cote d’Azur !!

Not happy - my legs look like frozen chicken FFS as they’ve not been exposed on the golf course so far this year! Seriously looking at emigration as a way out…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It has been a long winter, can’t remember one like it (so endless) and I’ve been around for a while :wink: 10c.here!
But I will stay positive!, ‘Meteo France’ tell me it will be sunny and 21°c here on Tues 18th, do you think I would be over optomistic to make irreversible plans, based on this prediction???

2 Likes

Raining again in the Tarn. We have managed to chose a particularly wet area but that’s what makes the countryside so beautifully green. However, it feels like it’s been raining since about November. It’s like I’m back in Essex just with better bread :smiley::smiley:

4 Likes

At the moment I have the same weather as Bill since I’m in the same area (not sure where Bill is exactly, I’m 15km NE of Questembert). Bit of a b****r as I need to mow the lawn and the prévisions for the week are dire - might have to put the tondeuse round wet or not. The adjoining plot is a bog though which means I’m barely 25cm above the water table (cellar a bit damp to ram home the point) so will leave it to the end of the week which looks the best bet at the moment.

1 Like

21 degrees and sunny…

1 Like

It was beautifully sunny this morning and I thought that Spring had definitely sprung.

The swallows have arrived at the school and are tidying up last year’s nests…and a tiny pipistrelle has returned to its Summer roost behind the bedroom shutters (which won’t get closed now until next November) …

However, suddenly…the sun has run away, screaming, and clouds and a piercing wind have descended on us… rainspots in the air… and we are putting more layers of woollies over our thermal vests…

A stiff slug of Baileys in the coffee and I almost feel human again… :relaxed:

4 Likes

Low expected Biscay, thats where the rain is coming from, :roll_eyes: We need a nice High, a wee bit to the West of us, so the rain falls on the UK and Normandy :wink:

Miserable here in 17 - dark cloud then rain followed by more dark cloud. If this keeps up will have to think about moving somewhere else.

1 Like

That sounds like that low Tim :wink:

There is nowhere else… :upside_down_face::zipper_mouth_face:

Feel the same. Also in 17, but once the sun comes out and some warmth returns we’ll forget about winter…won’t we?

2 Likes

How French are you!:wink:

Last week we had two days of sunshine here…(also 56)…washing on the line and got the strimmer out to tidy up the front garden…only got halfway through the back garden though before the rain started again…feels like it’s been constant rain wind hail and storms since November…oh and did I mention rain…??? x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did get the grass cut and the strimming done, on Friday Helen, ours and the ‘Outlaws’ next door, In SE 56, Oh! and managed to get my ‘pate’ sunburnt :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We are presently back in the UK until Thursday. We are hoping that spring will have sprung by then but we had a text from Orange on Friday to say to unplug the wi-fi because of storms so possibly not. I know the Aude is green and that’s because it rains but i think it’s beginning to take the p*ss this year!

2 Likes

Good News… NO RAIN tomorrow… between 2am and 8am… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Well there we go Stella, I’ve worked night shifts before :rofl:

We’re heading down to the south west tomorrow - a holiday planned to take advantage of spring sunshine. Well you lot are putting me off! It’s sunny again here…

1 Like

Miserable here again, but we are a long way from the SW Jane, really hope you find some pleasant weather there, have a safe trip :slightly_smiling_face: