I do NOT like animals

As an old man, I can totally endorse your feelings! Having brought up three daughters in the marital home - through teenage angst etc - I too had to learn to pick up humongous spiders, "love" rabbits, dogs, cats (which I *really* don't like) and, since being in France, mice and birds! Provided they all keep to themselves, so be it - I wish none of them any harm - and I do have an almost buddhist reverence for life (except flies and mozzies). But I do wish they would all leave me alone as I intend to leave *them* alone!! I have friends with dogs and I will walk them if needed - even poop scooping if necessary - but I don't want them in my house :-)

Sorry, there is a really annoying ad covering the comment as I type, so please read this the best you can... I do hope you succeed, nature is a wonderful thing, and without it, this Earth would be much poorer! Including all the 2, 4 and 8 legged creatures there are out there... We also have mice, and despite mountains of bait, we have no idea if we are succeeding in ridding the house of them. In fact one decided to pay a nocturnal visit to us yesterday evening.... I have no idea where it had been hiding, but it suddenly ran across the room, into the kitchen. The door was promptly shut, and I have no idea where it is at the moment. If the dog were with me, she would have made it 'disappear' promptly, I can assure you.. so dogs can be your 'friends' lol.

Ditte, Hope you sicceed