I have a problem with amazon.fr

can not begin to know where the original order is but it did lead me to cancelling
my UK credit card so I am moving further and further away from UK .
All sorted now and plenty of rose water.

1 Like

Probably better off with smoke signals John :wink:
We use Waze on our mobiles - does the job very well :+1:

Iā€™ve Android Auto on the Tiguan and accessing google maps diectly is far better than the built in SatNav (must be TomTom :joy:). However, I think you have to tick the ā€œadvanced infotainmentā€ (or something) option to get Android Auto and the Apple equivalent and that includes the onboard Satnav at extortionate cost.

Another fiddle.

Iā€™m not sure itā€™s fraud Eddie. There was no loss to Amazon. They wanted a Blink camera back and they got a Blink camera back. Itā€™s just a matter of timing :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

It would be better if theyā€™d a policy that saidā€¦ if they reduce the price of a product you have bought within the return window, they will reimburse you the difference.

I just implemented that missing policy myself.

3 Likes

Iā€™m surprised. I had the same issue as Barbara - Iā€™d ordered seresto tick collars for our 2 dogs (they last 6 months) and then got another lot a month later, and then another lot a month after that. I thought the supplier had made a mistake, but then realised Iā€™d managed to click on the recurring button. Amazonā€™s service was exemplary - they sorted it out there and then when I phoned them.
Over time I have learnt the very first words I say on the phone is to apologise for being English and not speaking good French, but I will try to explain. It helps and I find the person on the other end always responds favourably.

1 Like

Yes Sue, Iā€™m sure clicking the recurring order button is easily done and probably easily rectified, like an Audible subscription. I was having a more general whinge about Amazon.

There is a drop-down menu under the My Account heading which lists all your orders and details when you made them.

Cancelling existing orders including repeat orders is possible but requires perseverance and a cool head to work it out. Google is your friend in detailing the necessary steps.

The problem with cancelling your card might be that deliveries will continue and your debt increase until you cancel the order with Amazon, and that the debt could affect your credit rating.

The account has been closed so there is no option for doing that.

1 Like

Another thing to beware of with AMZ is buying a ā€˜Warehouse - fullfilled by Amazonā€™ electronics. The sort of thing that might say ā€˜opened box, as newā€™ ā€˜packaging marked, as newā€™ ā€¦ ā€™ and the return period only 30 days.

I have bought a number of these products over the years. It has taken years for me to finally admit that many of these things were duff when they were sent back to AMZ and they were still duff when turned straight round and sold on ā€˜Marketplace - fullfilled by AMZā€™.

I had 3 Samsung tablets from the Warehouse, one after the other returned because of a fault - the same fault each time - which would not be evident by merely by turning it on and booting it up. The seller being AMZ, the refund was instant and without quibble.

Iā€™d only buy a customer return or similar if the gā€™tee was 12 months.

Equally a lot of stuff gets returned as ā€œfaultyā€ which is perfectly good - either the user couldnā€™t get it to work or sometimes itā€™s just easier for them to claim there is a fault than anything else.

No debt as i have paid for ALL received goods
Not sure what credit i will be looking for.

I am thinking that after the end of the month ordering from Amazon UK may become a whole new experience, and not a good one, so I have been regularly visiting FR and DE with a view to ordering from them in future, but, the thought of even a friendly chat in French on the telephone (the excellence of UKā€™s customer service imo) fills me with dread. Even on UK the phone conversations are a bit stressful as the people they employ often have very strong accents, mainly Indian I think and the last one was I am sure a South African Indian. I always get them to call me on my mobile because I can bluetooth it to my earpiece which makes things much easier.

I am wondering if anyone here has had a conversation with DE on the phone. Was that in English and was the accent understandable, or donā€™t they employ Germans but instead, who, Turks?

We had a difficult time with Amazon further back and the customer service man was ver y rude
to my other half. The chap was irish and so is my other half

Thank goodness my contact did not think I was Indian then. :roll_eyes: :thinking:

that makes no sense or joke

Yes it does, you made the connection about an arguement between 2 people of the same nationality.

If you disagree with that, can you please tell me why you thought it necessary to mention their mutual nationality? Why did you simply not stop at saying a contact was very rude, and leave it at that?

irish people stick together usually that is why I mentioned it
Nothing too serious David
Do not get upset.

And I hope they were as helpful and friendly as they have always been to me.

HMRC, DWP, the S1 people, DVLA ā€¦ the UK Civil Service has turned a corner and become what they should always have been - willing and eager to help the people who pay their wages.

2 Likes

I received a letter from them just after I posted that. Theyā€™re working on was the message. Iā€™d say with Brexit theyā€™ve a lot in their plate.