I’m so glad that they’ve cleared this up

1 Like

Well, that is a surprise, folks were told there would be ‘oodles’ of dosh for the NHS after wrexit!

To be fair Bill, I seem to recall that the justifiably disputed claim being made during the referendum campaign was 350 million a week, which by my calculation only comes to 18.2 billion over a year. So presumably the shortfall will have to come from general government funds.
By the way ---- I am not in any way advocating that the 350 million a week figure was in any way correct.

1 Like

1 Like

It’s worse than that. An unparalleled opportunity to end war in Europe has been ended because of the chavanistic demands of the public. What next? A return to hanging and flogging?

2 Likes

Welcome to “The Tories. The Party of Tax-and-Spend”.

1 Like

The farmers are already claiming that they will be at the bottom of the pile, which will put up the price of food and let in cheaper imports without the same guarantees of origin and traceability of home grown food.
Infrastructure is also claiming money and those areas which have benefited from EU money will find National Government a harder nut to crack.

I don’t know what it is about political leaders but they just can’t shake off the image the public has of them even when they’re announcing something positive. All TM had to do was to consult with her Chancellor and Health Secretary and come up with a credible way of paying for the increased funding for the NHS that the public would accept, alas she just couldn’t do it.