I need help

Margaret… tonight will probably seem to go on for ever…

Here are some suggestions… things that have helped me in the past…

If you have a favourite film or music dvd… put it on… in the background…even if you can’t really be bothered… just something to break the silence.

Determine to look on the bright side…get together one or two things to take in with you when you visit tomorrow.

Just talking with someone else can be better than being alone with your thoughts…phone your nearest and dearest friend… someone you can chat with, even if you break down and cry… so what…

I spent ages at the computer… one particular night… writing a letter to my OH… recalling some of the daft/soppy things that have made us laugh and thanking him for giving me so much happiness… I feared it would turn into a wailing situation and I would not be able to see the keyboard… but was amazed how the words just came pouring out… somehow it seemed to relieve the tension… may sound odd, but it worked for me.

So, good luck with tonight… just do whatever you feel comfortable with… maybe a bottle or two… who cares (so long as you don’t burn the house down).

Praying for good news tomorrow…

4 Likes

Well said, exactly that Stella :hugs:

well at the moment all i want do is cry, it is so difficult for me, he is only 66 and today he did not even know me, he thought i was his mother, he has not had a stroke. Something else they have not even washed him. I am in a terrible place at the moment.

:heart:

thanks Bill my heart is broken at this time

and the other problem is I do not drive.

1 Like

I’m sure, mine would be too :heart:

My husband has died

I am so very sorry. I hope you have some one to support you.

So very, very sorry for you. I hope you have been able to call on friends and family to come to support you. Amd that the hospital has found someone who can talk to you in English. All my sympathy.

I have been on my own all night, but a couple of friends are coming round later this morning.
God knows what I am going to do now, Gordon dealt with all the french things and he was the French speaker. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Oh Margaret… so sorry for your dreadful news. Glad you have friends coming round…

I do hope you can find a French speaker to help you through the next few days…

oh Margaret I am so very sorry, I can’t imagine what you’re going through. I’ve messaged you my number if I can help. Whereabouts do you live?

1 Like

Thank yo Stella.

I live In Miramont Sandy thanks.

You’re about half an hour away from me Margaret. I know that there are a lot of Brits around there so English/French spoken widely, including in the mairie I’m told. If you need some help let me know. x

1 Like

I might have to hold you to that Sandy. The Mairies have never spoken to us in English.

Please do take the help that is offered… the next few days will be very difficult to get through in the ordinary way… but far worse with insufficient language skills.

1 Like

Oh Margaret that’s such dreadful news.
Your friends are coming by later and I do hope that they can help with some of the formalities that need to be got through. Also that they are able to spend some time with you over the next few days.
Do you have any family that can be with you at the moment ?
You are too far away from me to be able to help, but my thoughts are with you.
I have put a link on here for a helpline. Maybe others know of associations in your area ?
http://www.bsnvar.org/

1 Like

Thanks Ann, it was only the two of us.