I need your help please! urgently!

I’m writing something and need to do a quick poll.

Have you done something you’d never done before since you came to France? Line dancing, keeping chickens, making your own preserves, playing lotto…

Do you now earn your living doing something completely different from what you did before?

You can give me details or not, entirely up to you…

Chop chop and thank you very much!

Catharine x

Thanks for that Tom - too late for my deadline but I’ll file it in my head for future use , if thats ok? Sounds really exciting - will you work for yourself when qualified? Good luck for next Thursday - let us know how you get on? C x

Hello Catherine,
Perhaps your request remains active. Yes, I am doing something different now that I live in France. I am making my way through a training program (une formation) to become a Mountain Leader. The initial ‘épreuve’ took place in September, was arduous and stressful, taking place over three days. The next phase I am in the midst of, which is the Basic Knowledge examination called Tronc Commun. I have completed the written exam and am scheduled to take the oral exam next Thursday at the regional test centre in Lyon. There are some basic details. I can add more, if needed.

Got it thanks - will get back to you tomorrow x

Hi Catherine
Would be good to meet up. Have sent e-mail with possible days.

Thats brilliant stuff -thank you all!

I always fancied tap dancing - is it hard?

Michael - if you are around at the moment , maybe we could meet for a cup of tea at some point at yours or ours? (This doesn’t not apply to everyone else but I know that Michael lives about 15 mins away - the rest of you might need to drive further for your cuppa…!!!)

Tap dance (only just started mind)

I play poker at Les Senioriales every Thursday night.

Regards

Michael

I am running a Bed & Breakfast now, incl. 4-course evening meals.

In my ‘former’ life, I worked as a PA, worked in marketing, organised and executed tradefairs and trips abroad,
executive secretary and Head Inland Sales.

Hope this helps!

Thank you

Wow! Thats fantastic - well done you!

Yeh.

Catherine I now PAINT AND WRITE. Things I never had time for in England and gradually making headway. Can you believe I waited till I got to France to submit 2 paintings to the RA in LONDON. Would have been much easier to do it while I was in England. !!!