If ever there was anybody that needed to be cancelled

Iā€™ve already done itā€¦

2 Likes

Lies, lies, lies and more bloody lies. How does he get away with it? What blithering idiots are giving him a platform. Itā€™s a scandal. Heā€™s actually worse than Farage.

3 Likes

He is under the illusion that everybody loves him and his stupid jokey,waffling, old chum bluster. He is just a big ar*Ć©hole (second time I have used that today, must learn to control myself better but he makes me so angry just looking at him). Seen more attractive scarecrows in the fields too!

3 Likes

Or, in other wordsā€¦

ā€œI didnā€™t know what was proposed because Iā€™m a self serving clown and didnā€™t read itā€

4 Likes

It wasnā€™t written in Latin so he didnā€™t think it was important enough to read.
I didnā€™t trust him as a journalist ā€“ I was in Brussels years before he was, and knew some of his pieces were, shall I say, not entirely accurate.
I later had dealings with him when he was Mayor of London, and soon realised he was not someone on whom our business could rely in its forward planning and investment.
Luckily for him there are still more than a few rich folks prepared to throw money at him for speeches and face time. Some of them think he is ā€œgood PRā€, a few of them think he talks sense [!] and some actually believe what he says, despite evidence to the contrary. But hey, heā€™s got to keep his wife in the wallpaper to which she has become accustomed.

4 Likes

A little bit of John Craceā€™s latest pieceā€¦
ā€¦"even the entire audience now thought Brexit was a disaster. His acolytes ā€“ once so brave ā€“ had melted away. And he was little more than a shrunken, naked homunculus. A Wizard of Oz. The Brexit deadbeat. A rather feeble man, whose glory days are in the past. All that is left to him is to repeat his lies and keep trousering the cheques. A hollowed-out, meaningless existence. "

7 Likes

The British people simply do not like and do not want Johnsonā€™s vision of a Singapore style economy. Brits want to live like Europeans and take advantage of the protections they enjoy. The way to continue to do so is to rejoin the EU else little britain will continue itā€™s way down the pan.
What is so bloody special about our sovereignty anyway? It seems to be the thing that stirs up the strongest emotions among Eurosceptics. How do the EU nations manage with a slight reduction of it?

1 Like

Why doesnā€™t the author of that quote just say what he means then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s ironic that the much vaunted Singapore on Thames has turned out to be Singapore on the Irish Sea. At least according to the current PM. But we wonā€™t rejoin for years, if ever. Itā€™s still way too hot an issue in UK politics. Thereā€™s be riots.

Things are changing though. Discussing Brexit on tv and radio until quite recently seemed to be avoided if at all possible. Now the subject rears itā€™s ugly head almost daily and listeners and viewers are presented with the cold hard facts. Further divergence from the EU would seem now to be more difficult to achieve and closer ties essential to prop up the UK economy. Maybe Iā€™m just being too optimistic. I hope not.

1 Like

Max Hastings fired him for writing articles that he thought amusing but which were far from the truth.
How many folk in UK believed that the EU were going to insist on straight bananas?
An incredible number who were ready to believe any nonsense about the EU and back it up with their votes.

Rejoin the single market and have the same advantages as Northern Ireland ?

Demographics mean many of those most likely to hold a Eurosceptic view are being replaced by youngsters far more in tune with what the EU has to offer.