If the Proud Boys don't Get you Covid will!

Tweet From Bonnie Watson Coleman - US Representative

"Following the events of Wednesday, including sheltering with several colleagues who refused to wear masks, I decided to take a Covid test.

I have tested positive."

Don’t think much of her “colleagues”! :frowning_face:

2 Likes

There are two more positive people now.

1 Like

Oh FFS!!! Seriously!? I did notice there were some without - idiots.

Needless to say it was Republicans who refused to wear masks & one report I read suggested that they mocked those who were wearing them.

I don’t know about getting rid of Trump - it seems that the USA would be better off getting rid of the whole GOP as well.

6 Likes

Bonnie Watson Coleman said : “Refusing to wear a mask is not, in fact, an act of self-expression. It’s an act of public endangerment. The chaos you create in exercising your so-called freedom can cause permanent, deadly damage. I only hope that won’t be the case for me and my colleagues, Reps. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) and Brad Schneider (D-Ill.), who have also tested positive for the coronavirus.”

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/politics/bonnie-watson-coleman-covid-19-positive/index.html

1 Like

All of this defies belief.

I have just been reading my latest Bellingcat e-mail which shows the rise of Q Anon. Here are their core beliefs:

'Here is the core of the QAnon myth: with the aid of a small group of military intelligence officers called the Q team (one or more of whom is supposedly responsible for writing the drops), President Donald Trump is waging a shadow war against a cabal of Satan-worshipping, child-eating pedophiles who are conspiring to obstruct and overthrow him. The military will arrest them en masse in an event called “the Storm.” The cabal’s membership has grown in the telling (at first, it was “many in our government;” within a month, any “celebs” who had “supported HRC” might very well be in on it; a few months later, there were too many to fit into Guantanamo Bay; later still, three other “detention centers [were] being prepped”), but it would be fair to say that virtually anyone who’s angered or defied President Trump is considered part of the cabal, along with the usual suspects like financier and philanthropist George Soros.

After the Storm, military tribunals will ensure that these baby-eating traitors are executed or sentenced to life in prison. Faced with overwhelming proof of the cabal’s existence, a stunned public will mourn; rage; and ultimately unite behind President Trump, ushering in a golden age of patriotism and prosperity.’

It is estimated that 10% of the population believe this trash.

1 Like

It is worrying. One of the Lincoln Project founders talking to dw about the future…

If that happens it could well split the Republican vote, but having so many ‘true believers’ is frightening.
Mind you the amount of French people who do not trust their government and are not willing to be vaccinated because they are scared of the vaccine is quite amazing too.

That too is amazing, but hopefully they are less brainwashed that the GOP mob and in time will not be totally resistant to being resistant to the virus.

1 Like