If you HAD to move back to UK (due to Brexit)....where would you choose?

Lee… my question was aimed at UK folk who are facing Brexit with all that that entails… some reckon they will be forced to return to UK… :open_mouth:

but… if you HAD to go back to Australia… where would you choose to settle… ??

So, would it be Poole… if you HAD to go back ??

I believe Lee might have been born in the UK so technically he would be moving back.:wink:

Hi peter me too I would go back to Birmingham , lovely town, friendly people, just live the brummies from my home town, I am from walmley Sutton Coldfield where are you from?
If only people reaiilsed how beautiful we are lol lol :joy:

Hi Ann, nice to find another Brummie, tho’ I was brung up to think people from Sutton Coldfield was too posh to be proper Brummies. Nothing personal, and I think that many proper Brummies would say the same about Northfield, where I was born and lived till I was 18. :baby::thinking:

It is deep down the only place I would call home, though I’ve been a rolling stone, the moves being dictated mainly by professional pressures to ‘advance’. Ah well, as my Granny used to say, “You make your bed, you have to lie in it…”.

Do you know Northfield, or Rednal and the Lickey Hills? I have distant memories of cycling out to Sutton Park. Like Livingstone’s ‘discovery’ of Victoria Falls, only posher :joy:

I shan’t forget you’re a Brummie sister now. :blush:

We moved away from Tamworth to Dorset back in 1986 when the town started to receive the Birmingham overspil people, think the brummie council got rid of all their rift rath and sent them to Tamworth, the town was never the same again.

2 Likes

You’ve made a necessary point here, Lee. I do welcome it.

Many subscribers could be put off by the insularity which is pervasive, although there are occasional self-corrections when non-Brits post.

Those who post assertively make a refreshing counterpoint, and I hope you will continue to do that, as I for one need it. :+1::grinning:

1 Like

I didn’t move to France from the U.K. but I felt that I could still answer Stella’s question. We’re being asked to use our imagination and it’s not really difficult to do so.
Peter, good friends of mine live in Clifton Campville, is that a nice part of ‘Birmingham’? They love it there.

If Anyone reading/posting on this thread did NOT enter France as a citizen of an EU country???.. please checkout the Threads where folk are asking for advice on how to do just that… (currently someone from Jersey) … . :thinking:

Your experience could be invaluable to Others… :relaxed::relaxed:

Why on earth hasn’t the overtly racist and hate filled post by Mr Carleton been removed. It shouldn’t be ‘temporarily hidden’ but permanently erased.

We are reminded frequently about ‘dinner party’ rules by the Survive France Team - What on earth were they thinking allowing this abhorrent disgusting drivel to remain on the site.?

1 Like

Excuse me Dan… but I saw that Post within moments… hid it and messaged the author urging it be edited.

Presumably, you have chosen to view the hidden post… meantime…

Yes, but it does give the rest of us a chance to read it and therefore have a good idea of his mind set to assess his other posts by

1 Like

I am waiting for him to read/action my Message… but if he does neither fairly soon, it may well be unceremoniously binned…

If anyone chooses to read it meantime… please could you hold-off from replying right now… as once it is deleted/edited all earlier replies no longer make sense…

1 Like

It needs to be deleted. I know I used one of the same words in a recent post but with a qualifying explanation and apology. Look at the bother Clarkson got into for similar language.

I’ve been waiting and have now binned it… also I have brought James into the loop.

I agree with Nellie and Stella, better that we know that he is racist (and a self-confessed Christian too), and bear that in mind when/if he posts.

Something has provoked him to write like this, and he may or may not feel good about having showed this side of face again, but the more he places his ugly thoughts on the record, the more he alerts others to this aspect of his character. There are many like him too.

I expect he is perfectly civil to people of colour in his everyday life, and the other side only erupts at times of internal pressure. His Christianity also hints at a man who is struggling with unreconciled inner conflicts. I have some limited sympathy for him. One to watch, and, if one is so disposed, to pray for?

I just read it, and it went away…Sounds like he could do with a slap, or maybe more.

@Mark You obviously have a magical effect on Posts… :relaxed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Should have been unceremoniously binned immediately in my opinion - and just an aside perhaps you should rethink the masking policy.

Sometimes someone simply “goes berserk” and regrets it almost as soon as they touch the Reply button…

The Masking is perhaps something @james could look into… as you suggest, Masking is sometimes not enough for that interim period between Post and Edit… or Bin

1 Like