If you like Buggatis........ šŸ™‚

This chap bought one for himself and one for each of his six children, his cost around ā‚¬3.5M and the ā€œkiddiesā€ ones range from ā‚¬30K to ā‚¬60K depending on spec. The ideal voiture sans permis :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Used to enjoy the spectacle of the Bugatti line-up at the Westminster Hotel Le Touquet-Paris-Plage

1 Like

I was reminded today by OneDrive photos of where I was on 02/06/2013 - at Prescott Hill Climb, Glouc, the home of the Bugatti Ownersā€™ Club of GB, for their ā€˜La Vie En Bleuā€™ weekend.

A marvellous weekend where tens of millions of GBP on 4 wheels and in [mostly] sky blue paint are to be seen and heard gunning it up the hill, or simply having a delightful trundle up it. And many other wonderful makes and models as well.

A few snaps to illustrate.

Blonde wonders how to meet a man who can spend Ā£1m on a car

Autobus Vingt et Un full. Another one along in dix minutes

Bring on the dancing girls

Bugatti Type 35 Grand Prix car

04 1

Another Bugatti Veyron. The Vitesse. Ā£1m and 251 mph.

Swooningly beautiful A Bugatti Atlantic

Motor racing is dangerous

No finer way to go up a hill

The noise from the Veyrons was shattering. At the point where I snapped the Vitesse thereā€™s a short straight - pedal to the metal - monster noise. Almost as loud as the Benetton F1 car.

I cannot recommend this w/e too highly.

1 Like

gotta be a Morgan 3 wheeler for meā€¦

Great photos.

Thatā€™s the ā€œoldā€ three wheeler Graham, the new one has a straight three. I love the sound of the old V twins (I have to admit having a Harley for five or six years many moons ago) but the little three cylinder could be good fun too. Heā€™s the very passionate Morgan Head of Design describing the new machine :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Compilation that I put together from the 2016 Hill Climb at Chateau Impney

1 Like

Sorry, I donā€™t think there were any Bugattiā€™s that year.

PS: John - one ā€œgā€, two ā€œtā€'s :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dyslexia rule KO? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I have never been able to spell, as a four year old that was my fault (and forever) and not a medical issue. Thank goodness itā€™s far better now. Thatā€™s why I reacted to Mrs. Bossy boots (now muted :slightly_smiling_face:) arrogant presumption that I would run away from challenges.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a few 3-wheelers for you. Not all Moggies.

Two up

A proper one, i.e. with a JAP

Moto-Guzzi 1000cc, 2CV running gear ā€¦ bizarre

A very tidy special. Note the brass horn mounted on the o.s. Is that a super-charger?

4 Likes

@captainendeavour wonderful photos :slightly_smiling_face:

Some years ago, I had a wonderful time at a car show, encouraging folk to get their old 2CV transformed into a 3-wheelerā€¦ ā€œjust like thatā€ā€¦
It started as a bit of a joke. :wink:
The number of French Dads and Grandads who actually did have an old 2CV stashed somewhere, at the back of a barn perhaps, was quite interestingā€¦ and as they looked-over the Pembleton on display, I could almost hear their brain-cells whirring into actionā€¦ :rofl: :rofl:
EDIT: This link explains the 2CV kitā€¦ the other link is the company and their great carsā€¦
https://www.thepembleton.org.uk/

I remember having a citroen dyane in my late teens - wouldā€™ve loved to have had a conversion like that! I remember the car well, and what amazed me was the fact that it was so easy to work on and you could almost hand lift out the meagre 600cc engine :grin::grin:certainly didnā€™t break any land speed records, despite trying very hard :wink::wink:, but it was alot of fun. Since then had a few motorbikes with a larger engines :grin::grin:

1 Like

I did. Several times.

I left the g/f parentsā€™ house in Skipton, Yorks and set off for Lunnun. Out on the moors suddenly there was a loud rattling sound. The fan, bolted directly to the end of the crankshaft, had come loose. The bolt was still present and with a socket set to hand I had it nipped up again, chop-chop.

Shortly after setting off again came a much more serious sound, as if a very poorly crankshaft.

I got back to the out-laws on a recovery truck, parked up the Dyane and set off again in the Fiat 127 very kindly lent by the m-o-law.

On the back seat was the Dyane engine. Just a question of disconnecting whatever would not allow it to be picked up, g/box main shaft slid clear of the flywheel and out.

I found a recon engine, an easy lift into the 127 and back to Skipton. Pickef it up off the back seat of the Fiat and plonked it into the Dyane. Simples.

When I stripped down the original engine I found the crankshaft had broken in two. I realised that the little extra nip I gave to the socket bar with my foot when I replaced the fan had twisted the crankshaft ā€¦ :confused:. Stupid boy.

2 Likes

My auntā€™s had 2cvs and Dyanes, fantastic especially over fields etc and better at getting up snowy hills in winter than my grandparents gruesome volvo (the aunts didnā€™t drive on the tarmac).

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never owned or even especially fancied a Bugatti, but I very much have a soft spot for the 2CV6. Weā€™ve had 2: the first was bright yellow & nicknamed the Canary, the other blue with a yellow roof was the budgie. One Christmas when the CX had a fault we loaded gifts, cases and children into the budgie to visit the outlaws in Kent. Driving up the Stokenchurch cutting on the M40 was not notably rapid. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Like many eminent rally drivers. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I had g /f who was not good in cars. She generally came over a bit T & D, especially in the floaty DSā€™s, or simply went to sleep and was absent for the drive. Absolutely no way could she look down, at a map. She was also very sensitive about smells.

We were proceeding at a leisurely pace up the M4 to a party at Reading in a Dyane given to me by an American millionaire heiress who had grown tired of slumming it like the rest of us and bought a Saab convertible, not knowing it was a Vauxhall Vectra underneath.

G/f declared she could ā€˜smell something hotā€™. Well, those air cooled twins did leak hot fumes into the car, especially at speed ā€¦

ā€œNo. I can definitely smell something hotā€. As we were approaching the Heston services I said I would pull off and investigate.

As the speed dropped from 65mph to about 30, up the slip-road, a great gout of flame burst thruā€™ the bulkhead into the g/fā€™s footwell. Ummmm - defo something hot.

We baled out, as you do. The fire got a grip and was going well. I legged it round to the services and asked the dozy girl on the till for a fire extintgusher. She didnā€™t think they had any ā€¦ I looked back toward the car. Over the high bank between the slip-road and the pumps was a great orange glow.

ā€œI think itā€™s a bit late for an extinguisher. That orange glow in the sky is my car, on fire. Please call the fire brigade.ā€

We saw the fire engine belting down the eastbound side, toward Lunnun. Some time later, we saw it on the wrong side of the fence between the services and a housing estate.

The first to arrive was a recovery vehicle. Listening on s/w they had smelled business. Next was plod. By this time the car had reduced to a smouldering pile of ash. The tyres were just hoops of twisted wire around the blacked wheels, which were on the ground. It was a Dyane-shaped skeleton.

Plod was a bit antsy. ā€œWhy did you pull up with the front touching the lamp standard?ā€ Oddly, the car had rolled forward and come to a halt. nosing up to the a lamp standard. I had stopped half way between two lamps but the hand brake cable must have burnt thruā€™ and the car rolled forward.

ā€œAnyway,ā€ said the recovery guy, ā€œLook. Itā€™s the only lamp thatā€™s onā€. And so it was.

The bomberos finally arrived and covered the now self-extinguished heap in a pile of foam.

I did the biz with plod, the fire brigade and the recovery guy and got a taxi home.

Ever after, for years, that was ā€˜myā€™ lamp standard on the Heston west-bound services slip road. There was the blackened patch where the car had burned out. It was just visible from the inside lane of the m/way, as one passed. Then came the year they replaced all the lamps and it was gone.

Now, of course, it would have been documented by photos and vids but it remains just a memory.

2 Likes

Weā€™ve carried a small fire extinguisher, since our little convertible gave us pause for thought many years agoā€¦
Jogging along nicely, heading for our overnight in Montpelier, slowed down for traffic and I noticed smoke (or thought I didā€¦) coming from under the bonnet.
Hmmā€¦ OH swiftly brought the car to a safe standstill in a carparkā€¦ and took a look.
Thankfully, it wasnā€™t yet a full-scale fire, just melted/smouldering wires, but he legged it to Feu Vert which we could see, was thereā€¦ just across the roundabout.
Friends were following usā€¦ and they ended up parked right behind us, thus we partially blocked the In/Out of said carparkā€¦
Soā€¦ thereā€™s me, controlling ā€œthe trafficā€ and OH under the car fiddling with this and that.
A small crown gathered, interested to see what on earth was going-onā€¦ and, as usual, I got chatting. Much to my amazement, weā€™d stopped/broken-down only a few hundred yards from our proposed overnight-stopā€¦ which was at the rear of this very same carpark.
No wonder we couldnā€™t find itā€¦ it was hidingā€¦ and this was long before anyone had GPS (and we still donā€™t, not in the old cars)

I went to a local car gathering yesterday, and amongst the many cars there were a couple of dyaneā€™s, plus a 2CV with the bonnet lifted - I struggled, but I did see the engine in there eventually :grinning: fond memories.

And of course, there was the obligatory DS in all its gloriousness :grinning:

2 Likes