Illegal EDF tax. Have you claimed a refund?

I feel a petition coming on here...... The French love revolting! Change.org?

Exactement Tim

Does anyone honestly think the French government/monolithic public entity is going to refund a tax they collected? If so, hang on to your saucisse, as it may take off.

Just had a letter back from EDF saying that we need to take this up with the Minister of Energy as EDf are just the collector of the tax and not the instigator..

I claimed but EDF replied saying it's not them, any claims have to be addressed to CRE or the Energy Minister. Hmmph..... I think this may all be hot air and no refund is possible. Anyone got any further? Don't want to waste another 4.50€ recorded delivery for nowt :-)

I imagine that we should expect the same. Well we expect it, but in the sense that the post will soon deliver it.

Sent the letter, got my email to say it arrived, and today got a very nice letter from EDF explaning that they are sorry for my inconvenience at paying, but as it is a tax, they only collect it. They suggest I try to claim it back from the Commission de Régulation de l'Energie (CRE) or the Ministère de l'Energie.....

Nice try, had fun, but I don't expect any reimboursment......

:D

Last night when we got yet another call and I said I was not interested, the caller demanded why not?

He eventually gave up when I said that we already have geothermal heating and solar panels.

I try to be polite because they have an awful job but now I say that you are disturbing me, which seems to be very effective.

Got my non-committal email today too! I am being PESTERED by sales teams from EDF "partners" offering tax friendly insulation, wood pellet boilers etc.

I sent my letter (LR+A/R) last week but haven't had the receipt back yet. However I did get an email regarding "my complaint" with the promise of a reply within 30 days. If presented with a registered letter, can you refuse to sign the receipt ?

So! On the subject of illegal edf claims - I heard yesterday from my neighbour the local 'Police Municipal' (so he gets all the gossip) that EDF have just been informed that the latest increase they are claiming from clients ( I have received my bill for an extra 200euro+) is also illegal and that for both illegal payments, reimbursements will be made at the end of the year! Would be nice to see this in print!

"W" does appear to Work noW.

:-)

yno hubby spilt his appero over keyboard and the w doesnt work now and copy and pating is soooo long...

hi all ell i had a call the day before yesterday regarding the email that i sent to EDF, they asked me about the arrêt du 19 décembre 2013 (C-262/12) as they kno nothing about it? they asked me if i could send them a copy of this as they anted to kno more about it so could you all help and send the offical versions if you have them and i ill send them a copy and see hat they say, as they seemed to think that they havent had the info from the people up above :)

I was talking about both on this thread...wind turbines....which one lot of friends installed and solar panels, other friends...no idea how long either last.

:-D

Well, the post office has done well out of this, all those stamps for claim letters.

Could you let me smell it? That's the closest I ever seem to get to money ever.

In fact, most of us started sceptical and have only ever said write anyway, not that there was any promise of money.

I dont think that panels last that many years...though a fairly new technology so not sure how many people have panels that have had to be replaced yet. With the previous payback from the government (UK) the initial outlay was probably well worth it, the amount you get back now is much less, so I guess you have to make a judgement call.. Not sure what the situation is in France, we did look at having panels installed a few years ago, but had so many problems with the roof at the time, it wasnt the best idea!