Illegal EDF tax. Have you claimed a refund?

I always look that way when I've just woken up!

We have friends who have a biggish house in the UK...big roof too and they have covered the southern aspect with solar panels...there are in the region of 18. They bought the house 7 years ago as a wreck and are doing it up. The panels were put on when the government was giving back the best rebate's for electricity production. They are really receiving quite a hefty payback every year.

er..no Doreen...that is what they are being paid yearly for the electricity that is produced. They are selling it all back. They have a farm and it will be a good investment, though not sure how long these things last!

It is a bit scary innit!

A friend in the UK has bought a wind turbine for £300,000 (money loaned from bank of mum and dad) they reckon 10 years and they will have recouped the cost and will be making a very handsome profit. Good idea if you A) live on a windy hill somewhere and B) have £300,000 knocking around.

I know, ridiculous isn't it. I think the average backdated bill will be €40-€60 I think the Connexion said? So if anyone does get a rebate, poof - gone. Then they'll probably ask for a bit more to cover all these administration costs, lol.

Well considering they just announced the taxes are going up anyway...

I want to see a letter from EDF stating categorically that they will not be sending out rebates. It does make you wonder why they are not being made to rebate when the tax has been deemed illegal.

Sorry if it came out wrong, I did not intend to demean you. My point is more that the rumour has, as they always do, taken a life of its own and no matter how often somebody puts up the verdict, as you quite correctly did with your comments, that it rolls on and we would probably see somebody eventually put up the verdict and comment again but the rumour itself will persist until it is definitively knocked on the head, although it may keep on circulating even then. Fair enough to put up what you did, so not knocking you.

Thanks for the input Brian, it clarified for me what was said.

I certainly did, Brian. I hadn't had time to read through the whole thread but you confirmed what I'd initially thought when I looked at the court ruling, that it was inter-corporational (don't think that's even a word but hopefully you'll get the gist) more than directly affecting the lowly household consumer. Whether any rebate will trickle down to said lowly consumer is yet to be seen but I ain't holding my breath.

hmm...not surprised. Having read the info that Brian (English) posted, its very clear that EDF have been told that tax is not legal, but there is no clarification regarding rebates. Always so difficult to get any clarification here, would always insist its written like the person from Angloinfo...they can say anything on the phone with no comeback.

Brian, the problem with long threads is that people like yourself join in when all has been gone over several times, as is the case here. The judgement has been up several times over an analysed pretty well to the dotted i's. Nothing in it says a thing about compensation to the public. French media have not reported the story when one would expect headlines if there was to be a pay out and a few of us have written on the nothing to lose basis. EDF are admitting nothing, simply replying saying that they will reply in 21 days and direct enquiries to them say there is no foundation to the rumour. Basically, it looks like this is dead in the water.

Ditto. Email told us 21 days maximum.

I think we are at the stage where nothing has been confirmed, so nothing to lose by sending off a letter. We sent ours off and have received confirmation of delivery and been advised we will hear back within so many days.

so where are we at with this? do we send out letters to try to claiom this 10% back? my total comes to almost 500 euro which would make a well needed boost to funds

They giveth and they taketh away ...

A backdated electricity bill (to 9 out of 10 households) about to land on the mat thanks to a recent court ruling http://www.connexionfrance.com/edf-bill-electricity-price-2012-limit-retroactive-backdated-overturned-conseil-detat-15672-view-article.html#sthash.dwW9Z0Y9.uxfs

cate AKA lcc (lower case cate)

Your para 1 I don't post bollocks, I post drivel (it's a better class of bollocks)

2 Bearing up. The whisky is helping & No

3 No & It didn't. I thought you & I were over that one but I'm happy to continue as it obviously floats yer boat!

:-) :-) xxxxx

Scary ain't it? I do hope your "bollocks" statement was not directed at me as I'm in mid wake for my recently deceased MIL & can't believe you would knowingly add to my grief:-)

So am I then.