Illegal EDF tax. Have you claimed a refund?

The way I read that, is that it's a different subject, a commercial agreement between EDF and the State rather the illegal collection of taxes from consumers.

So a non starter?

Shame, I went back on line and it would have been an exter 120€ :-(

Then this................

Altra Consulting

There are already some lawyers making money with it, so it has to be true... (only in French, sorry)

This may be more complicated than we think. The judgement seems to have been made regarding wind generated electricity.................See this from Energie-Legal

This is one worth pursuing, just my last bill alone had nearly 40 euros added for this specific tax. Keeping my eyes peeled. :-)

That sounds fantastic, thankyou ! Being a bit dim though, when can we claim from exactly, as we have to put the exact amount on the letter. Thanks

I've no idea where it originated Doreen, at the moment it's pure conjecture. I'm waiting to see what the crowd source!

I had a charming acknowledgement in English after 2 minutes.

PS I also sent the letter by email - not sure if it will work but easier.

Many thanks for this one James. Draft letter sent for Cyprus today claiming €78.69. Will await events.

NB don't forget to add TVA to the CPSE as it seems to have been charged thus add "TVA compris" after the figures (? include the total amount for both years as well)

Thank you for this !

I just found this document ( in french)

http://www.lamy-lexel.com/fileadmin/pdf/2014-02_Flash_Info_CSPE.pdf

It's urgent, if you ask money back the 9 april 2014, it's only about the CSPE payed after 9 april 2012.

I've often wondered about that tax. Should we send Stuart's model letter now, or wait a while, what do you think? And thanks for pointing it out!

Is it also applicable (if proven) for 2014 and TVA inclusive I presume?

It appears to be true: see this link for details Contribution au Service Public

:-) Lets get those letters sent out..............:-)

Thanks Stu!

Hi James

Sent a mail to Nathalie to check it out. The model letter looks good to use.

Keep us posted ;)

By the way it has to be sent "recommandé avec accusé de réception"

Just to confirm had anybody actually received any money back from them?

Nope, and nor will you likely do so.

I received a response saying there would be no refund. However, I read somewhere that it is still an on-going case.