I'm back, did you miss me !?

Can you believe it? We’ve been without internet / phone or mobile since Monday evening!!! Luckily I know the shopkeeper as my card didn’t work today so need to go pay the 30 odd euros on Friday (shut tomorrow). The man shape and I recently read and discussed an article about ‘them’ wanting to get rid of ‘real’ money (is it Sweden?) and this has just proved that it is a disaster waiting to happen! Seriously 3 days without being able to order anything / pay for anything etc. Has been a very eye opening experience!

Have you HAD to talk to one another?!

Shudder at the thought!

Back to the 90s!

1 Like

Yes - bloody nightmare :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: wasnt’ even tennis night!\

:rofl: :rofl: I’m hearing you :kissing_closed_eyes: :rofl: :rofl:

It honestly felt like that, and in some ways quite liberating! If the SHTF this will be life!!! DH in the middle of repairing cars at the moment and hadn’t realised how much he relies on the net. When we were first together he had a Haynes manual for each of the families cars!

3 Likes

:wink::yum::grin:

2 Likes

Jeez i didnt know you were gone. :smiley: I still pull the Haynes from the bookshelf on odd occasions, Mainly for the Torque settings as I have the Wksp manuals on the workshop laptop with the diagnostics. Loss of the the old tippy tappy is a bummer but one can really live well without it. My best half and myself often sit like gogglebox and cuss and chunter about the tv programmes, its fun to chat and discuss.

1 Like

@Rocam where are your manners? You are supposed to say “of course I did, the place has not been the same without you” - which of course is my reaction @toryroo :grin:

3 Likes

For years I couldn’t have owned a car without one. Then, when times came I could afford to pay someone to do stuff, I still bought a Haynes for that car.

On my Jeep Cherokee once it saved me a fortune. Some steering parts had to be replaced and the manual warned that the parts were very expensive - certainly Chrysler Jeep prices were/are eyewatering. Checking the parts in Haynes, I found a guy on London’s Norff Circular Road selling Jeep parts he imported from the US out of a shipping container. Saved hundreds. The garage sportingly allowed m to supply the parts but I made up for it by having them replace the same bits on the other side as well, doubling the labour charges.

Now we have almost everything demo-ed on YT. Haynes might do well to sell subscriptions to video versions of the manuals, entire or by chapter. Maybe they do. I must check

2 Likes

Well I interpreted it as “Tory must have got a job then, had to start strsighy away and is very very busy”

3 Likes