I'm going for an operation on Monday, has anyone else had metatarsal osteotomy?

Courage James you will be fine and don't let yourself worry about it. I am sure the surgeon will have done many of these and is a pro at it. I will think of you Monday and send good vibes.

good luck mate - are you having a local or general anaesthetic ?

I had a 'local' recently for a hand operation and it was hell, never again ! a 'general' next time for me...

Good luck - want me to send a witch doctor up to help ??

my sister-in-law had her big toe done - they did a neat job and she can walk properly again after the surgery. It took a few weeks of rest and a bit of rehab, but everything went smoothly. Hope yours goes as well and you are able to do those jigs afterwards that people keep talking about. Hopefully you'll be taking in your laptop to keep up with SFN news? :)

"Bon courage!!" (for what it's worth) Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks Sandy, might need my right one doing soon too, perhaps we can get a group discount!

Bon courage!

Sounds like Mike got off lightly, the surgeon said I would be in plaster for three months after this!!

Thanks for the tip Kathryn, I will dispense with the stiff upper lip and get my morphine allowance!

Not personally had it done but had knee ligament repair 3 months ago and lady in bed next to me had your op done. One thing she taught me was to tell the nurses you are lots and lots of pain, i was being very british to start with and saying i was in a bit of pain so they only gave me paracetamol! when i did as my room mate suggested and said i had lots of pain i got morphine, far more effective! Not sure if it’s the same in all French hospitals but they didn’t give pain relief automatically and i had to ring my buzzer when I thought it was over due, otherwise I’d have got nothing! I am a physio so have seen plenty of people who have had your op done, there’s no doubt it will be sore afterwards but with good pain relief (and ice unless bandages are too thick for it to penetrate!) the acute soreness will settle relatively quickly. Not sure if you’re having a local or general anesthetic, but if general it’s actually quite an enjoyable experience I’ve always found but that might just be me?! Good luck and don’t worry, I’m sure you’re in very good hands!

No I haven't, had loads on smashed up knees and they've always managed to sort things out!

Merde ! ;-)

I look forward to it Barbara!

You will be fine....

Ready to jig around....maybe gently...at all the Xmas gatherings...