I'm so ashamed of my country of birth

so well put chap so much better than I could have and did just put it. Hit the nail on the head. I am many are totally with you, all this sort of story does and is intended to do is stir our emotions in half baked truths wrapped in beliefs to make them sound so true yet they are so far from the actual truth that its like a wolf in sheeps clothing

3 Likes

That is precisely what I am going to doā€¦

She applied for a permanent residency card but an application has been refused

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5141335/French-wife-24-years-REFUSED-residency-UK.html#ixzz50ee1c760
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

She applied for a permanent residence card meant for non EU nationals and as we are still part of the EU she cannot get one yet. ONCE we leave the EU she can apply. Its the same in france you cannot apply for a residency permit yet as we do not at this time need one as we are part of the EU>

Stop spreading fear by stop spreading media lies

2 Likes

just dont apply for permanent residence yet as you will be refused as its meant for non eu members. Like the French woman.

And if your refused please do feel free to rant about how your ashamed to be living in france under this regime too

2 Likes

Be careful. Do not confuse residency and citizenship. They are two completely different things.

the one i linked stated permanent residency and the other was badly filled out citizenship paperwork

1 Like

Iā€™m talking about your reply to Graham Lees.

Mr Fawcett, proud to be welsh, why? Its where you were born, no doubt you would have been proud to be Turkish if you had been born in Turkey. Iā€™m English, not welsh, not Irish, not Scottish, English. Iā€™m not proud to be English, Iā€™m not embarrassed to be English, knowing what the English have done in the past and still do now, I am sometimes ashamed to be English, but at the end of the day I am just English.

just because some of the things that are done. I will never be ashamed to be english welsh or anything It is my birth right. im not ashamed to be from there just a shame our politicians like the rest of the world are full of crap but they are no matter that country your from.

I live by what I have done i have no shame for what other people do or donā€™t do thatā€™s on their heads.

2 Likes

No I was not just born there I was raised there, my family heritage is from there. I am welsh and I am proud to be part of the United kingdom. I am an immigrant here in France but while wales is my original home France is now my country as i do not plan to go back to the UK but i will never give up my citizenship of the country that I am proud to be a member of, no matter how much people or politicians screw it up.

I voted in the referendum but that was my last legal vote in the UK. I am no longer eligible to vote there now.

Please do try when you attempt to quote people to get the quote right though as like the news papers you are quoting wrong facts.

"I am and always will be Welsh

and Proud to be part of the United kingdom"

1 Like

Thatā€™s a point of view that I just cannot understand. Each to his own I suppose. I presume that as you are ineligible to vote again in the United kingdom (sic) you left over 15 years ago. Have you not formed an attachment to wherever you lived in the meantime, before you arrived in France two and a half years ago?

Oh I can vote in the main election but not local as I have given up my UK address. I just dont plan to use my vote anymore as i do not plan to ever return to the UK nor does my french wife and my French children may at some stage decide to visit but i cannot speak for them.

the 2 and a half years was written by de10e so there you go again @Aquitaine misquoting people yet again. Since ive been running my own business here in france for nearly that time and i was here living just not working for awhile before that too,

Not sure what part you cannot understand as there is quit a bit ive said on many points.

I am Welsh but I am also soon to be French also. While my origin is wales my country will be France as i believe living here I should give my all to this country as this is where i have decided with my family to settle for the rest of my life.

1 Like

Confusing again. One minute having an everlasting connection to Wales, now giving your all to France. Youā€™d better get our mind made up soon, itā€™s almost six nations time.
Iā€™ve just seen the reason for my misquote, you failed to use a capital letter to start your response to de10eā€™s quote so wasnā€™t sure who said what. In your recent reply I really donā€™t understand your sentence, ā€˜Since ive been running my own business here in France for nearly that time and i was living just not working for a while before that too.ā€™ (sic)

1 Like

The Six Nations will get a lot of folk around here, out of their armchairs and shouting at the TVā€™sā€¦ :blush:

Allez les blues!! image

1 Like

I love Rugby ( even understand all the rules ) itā€™s the only sport I watch, but I darenā€™t go to a live game, I am sure I would be on the pitch with them :football: :wink:

1 Like

In my mad youthful days, Dad was VC of the local Rugby Clubā€¦ I used to stand on the sidelinesā€¦in the freezing coldā€¦ trying to look so chic :star_struck:

I got chilblains one year and that was it ! Thick socks and boots plus as many jumpers as I could manage after thatā€¦:grinning:

1 Like

I loathe Rugbyā€¦rather watch the fire go out. Guess Iā€™m in the minority.

1 Like

not at all, @ChrisK ā€¦ each to their ownā€¦:wink:

Probably not as bad as football.