I'm so ashamed of my country of birth

Better start a Which sports do you love or loathe category. Gone a bit off topic now…

Or listening to Jacob Rees Mogg drone on (and on, and on)

point being ive been here longer than 2 years and while i am welsh, I am living and staying in france so for me im giving it all to france.

I will still be Welsh and that is my heritage, you are the one who misquoted me as being proud to be welsh.

I will never be ashamed that i am originally from Wales and the United kingdom though is my point.

Have a great day now im off to enjoy the sunshine and spend time with our french neighbours

My first thought was how easy she would get British Citizenship. It’s disgraceful.

1 Like

Makes an even bigger case to dump the hangers on and form a republic

1 Like

Trevor, The Republic of Ireland would be mad to take on the bankrupt backwater and its multiple flavours of bigots and religious lunatics. Most of the younger folk in the South and even many of the older ones no longer care about all that romantic united Ireland twaddle, they see themselves as Europeans not little islanders.

1 Like

I live in New Orleans USA. I hate to see the term “fake news” make it’s way from the tangerine tyrant’s speeches to a global message board. Orwell is loving all this as he watches us and tells us he told us so. Many of us here in the US are truly horrified and exceedingly worried. Some like my husband and I are seriously considering emigrating, that’s how I wound up on Survive france. Long time dream and we’re no spring chickens but we are open minded and harbor fantasies of showing at least a couple of folks that we’re not all the Ugly American bully boors that our fearless leader seems to exemplify. My god, we thought the “fake news” term was only used on Fox News or in Conservative bastions here in the US>

2 Likes

Doesn’t it make you feel proud… not :roll_eyes:
I’m not a football fan to begin with but this, and booing the Danish National anthem makes my skin crawl!

and then to add insult to injury Doris suggests to Employers that they should allow workers a bit of flexibility if they’re late for work on Monday (if England win)!! Well, I’m sorry Doris, but only if you are prepared to pay for the lost working time as a result - bearing in mind you are now royally shafting employers over furlough payments… get stuffed!!

3 Likes

And they wonder why football has a bad name?

2 Likes

Lets try to focus on the positive side please.
I love football because it keeps 1000’s away from the things I like.

8 Likes

What’s happening with employers and furlough? You mention ‘shafted’.

They should have disallowed the rebound kick and thus the score line for this offence. England won by cheating - again :angry:

1 Like

Why?
If it had effected him he would have failed to make the save. Fines dont punish the muppet with the laser but why spoil a game for the sake of one twat.
England did not win by cheating again thats nonsense.

1 Like

England won on merit, they were the best team by a mile.

2 Likes

I didn’t watch, I have no idea and I don’t care about football. However reading how the Danish fans were treated in the stands makes me so embarrassed. I lived in DK for a year when I was 18 so it makes me even more ashamed of the disgusting behaviour from the British fans. They can loose now for all I care. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Between that and the state left of Leicester Square it is a very embarrassing image to the rest of the world, although perhaps not one that’s unexpected any more… :unamused:

1 Like