Importing car

I’m looking for a classic Fiat 500 for my wife. I’m looking in France and UK. There are quite a lot of LHD ones in UK. Anyone tell me the procedure and cost? If it’s 40 odd years old, would it need a certificate of conformity? Any advice happily received. Ta

Thanks Roger.

A 40 year old vehicle would normally be able to be considered a Véhicule d' époque and the necessary certification in lieu of a C of C would be issued by the FFVE. a number of useful links are given below.

As for Costs sorry,1080.html