Inspection of used water systems

We have received a letter apparently from the Maire saying a technician will make an appointment to check the operation and maintenance of our used water systems at a cost of 110€. It is said to be a legal requirement to avoid pollution of public systems. Has anyone else received such a letter? Is it genuine and is the cost unavoidable?

I had one from Saur - sadly I’m in the UK and they are not. But the service was going to be free so 110€ seems a bit steep.

1 Like

Why not contact your Mairie direct and ask them… ???

We too have ours checked every few years for free, organised by the mayor.

I think many things that used to be “free” will be no longer. The reduction in income from taxe d’habitation means that the communes are now having to charge for things where they used to absorb the cost.

1 Like

@MikeA

If you can scan the letter and post it here on the forum… it might help us…
(hide your name/address but leave the name of the commune legible)

I have it checked every couple of years, it is a compulsory thing organised by the communauté de communes and I pay for it - last time it was 89€.

Yes, these things come around every few years or so, and depending on the commune, there can be a charge.

The price for such an inspection can be found in the “règlement d’assainissement” which is available on the web site of the water provider. Sometimes also in the “communauté de communes” site.