Instead of slagging off Sunak

Brain the size of a small planet :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Always a good listen.

Curtice reckons Labour won’t have a GE majority based on these results, how well they do in Scotland could be the deciding factor.

Worrying.

To win a GE and have a majotiy of any use ,the landslide would need to be the size of Everest .
I don’t see labour doing that I see anothet conservative win but on a very reduced majority, for me local election results doesn’t reflect GE voting.

Labour would likely win the most seats yet without a majority would have to go in to coalition with the LibDems which I don’t see as a bad thing, the most important thing is to get the Tories out.

2 Likes

Sadly that, of itself, does not make for a successful changeover. The people who “got them out” need to have a vision and a direction for the future. I don’t see any of that. I know that from bitter experience how that can fail- many years ago I was involved in a management buyout. All we knew was what we didn’t want - but as a group of directors we had no vision or future direction. Needless to say, our company did not thrive.

1 Like

You have to change the mindset that labour can’t manage money before anything can be done, but also labour has to have a policy or policies that are not seen as a sop to the rich in the southeast of england.Lib dems in a coalition people haven’t forgotten what happend last time.

I was not a Lib Dem voter then, but they impressed me for picking up the poisoned chalice for the good of the country, and much good it did them.

I’m afraid I always thought the coalition was more about the opportunist Nick Clegg swanning about as deputy PM (breaking the party’s promise about tuition fees and being duped over the PR referendum) than about saving the country.

I hope they’ve changed - and they’re marginally less barmy than the Greens - but I’m not convinced. But still better than the Tories, I grant you.

2 Likes

Crace, amusing as ever. I particularly like his description of Leadsom :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I have my own name for Ms Leadsome preferring Loathsome

3 Likes